The "Let's Smash Rat Boy Fernandes" Match Thread

rjw63

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Better than everybody saying we are going to score a hat full against Sheffield United and we end up with draw. A draw would be a decent result there.  We're missing a few key players. I want to avoid defeats.

Redcafe more confident of a Villa win than here 

Their midfield in recent weeks has been basically Mainoo fighting fires on his own while Fernandes and McTominay bomb forward and support the attack. I'll be disappointed if we don't win the battle in the centre of the pitch. Bailey and Diaby didn't work well against a low block but there should be more space (and counter attacking opportunities) in this match so might be worth persisting with. Pace across the front line will help with pressing from the front too (like Bournemouth did with great success at Old Trafford recently). 

14 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I hope Zaniolo get a hat-trick.

That would be amazing but to be honest anyone getting a hat trick would be almost orgasmic (Villa player obvs).

Having Pau, Tielemans, Cash & Kamara (Mings, Buendia, Traoré) all out against Manure would not be great. We still have a solid starting 11 but our options are starting to get a bit thin.

I’m feeling optimistic, I think that late Zaniolo goal will have played a major part in our mindset going into tomorrow.

May depend a little on who is or isn’t available but it should suit us more to play a team that will go for it themselves, I’m hoping that their poor result combined with Christmas Day might have them somewhat distracted for tomorrow, hoping.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Having Pau, Tielemans, Cash & Kamara (Mings, Buendia, Traoré) all out against Manure would not be great. We still have a solid starting 11 but our options are starting to get a bit thin.

That’s a frightening amount of significant absences. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

Better than everybody saying we are going to score a hat full against Sheffield United and we end up with draw. A draw would be a decent result there.  We're missing a few key players. I want to avoid defeats.

I suppose again it depends what the aims of the season are. Back to back draws against bottom and 9th isn't good. And Man U are playing horribly. 

We won't always beat Man City and Arsenal back to back, we need to beat a way below par Man U if we are to keep up the way we have performed this season.

28 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I suppose again it depends what the aims of the season are. Back to back draws against bottom and 9th isn't good. And Man U are playing horribly. 

We won't always beat Man City and Arsenal back to back, we need to beat a way below par Man U if we are to keep up the way we have performed this season.

Away? At home I might agree but picking up points away and wins at home is fine. We're ahead of the game in terms of a 2 points per game average, and that's what we need for 4th. 

Don't get me wrong it would be amazing to go there and win but it's not like we need to go to old Trafford and win or we won't be keeping up our aims for the season. 

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Away? At home I might agree but picking up points away and wins at home is fine. We're ahead of the game in terms of a 2 points per game average, and that's what we need for 4th. 

Don't get me wrong it would be amazing to go there and win but it's not like we need to go to old Trafford and win or we won't be keeping up our aims for the season. 

But it's not Old Trafford is it. In its intimidating sense. That makes it sound like a solid game. We're playing a horribly out of form upper mid table team. They can't score goals. 

2 points from 6 v Man U and Sheff U is very under par for us. 

Like I said also, if we don't win, this'll be the first time we haven't followed up dropping points with a win. We need to stay ruthless or all of a sudden Tottenham are level with us.