Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

McGinn and Cash both on 4 yellows as well, something to watch in the 2nd half

Let them get yellows. As shite as they are we want our full strength lineup to go to Old Trafford on Boxing Day, so I'd rather McGinn misses out against Sheffield United than Man Utd 

Edited by stewiek2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If you want to finish top 4 or challenge for the title you have to beat teams like Brentford.

All the teams below us won so we need to win here.

Manchester City didn't, but I know where you are coming from.

1 minute ago, allani said:

Blimey this thread is almost as bad as the commentator on Optus Sport who keeps talking about all the chances Brentford have created - forgetting that every single one of them was given offside and so doesn't count.  I sometimes wonder whether if someone caught the ball, ran the full length of the pitch with it tucked under their arm and then dropped it to have a shot that the keeper saves how long they would talk about it being a great save.  IT DOESN'T COUNT!!!!! 

Yeah, if you play to beat our high line you play into our hands. We're amazing at it, we've had like 80 offsides given for us, spurs I think are second with about 50. 

We're an easy team to stop away from home. We're reliant on a couple of players and without we splutter - without Luiz were incredibly predictable in our passing and if you stop McGinn we're a counter attack team. And we are so regimented in our play that when we do have up change things we wobble badly.

That's what will ultimately hurt us. We've got this insane home form but away the returns haven't been good enough and they're already been too many games were we huff and puff but the opposition just follows their game and hurts us. Happened at Forest, happened at Bournemouth, happened at Wolves, it's happening here.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’d say we were the better team in the same way Arsenal were against us last week. No excuses for not converting our chances and Moreno is our Zinchenko today.

I find it utterly bizarre that we have created virtually nothing for watkins and diaby in that half. They have quite a lot of space to run into. The lack of creativity and spark is worrying for me.

Uts a pattern forest, Bournemouth and brentford now. Id throw in mostar as well but i think that wa sjust we couldnt be asked and just wante dto avoid defeat 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Second string is a massive drop off in quality and the returning players have all been awful. Cash terrible, Moreno poor, Ramsey simply shouldnt be on the pitch. Unfortunately that's coupled with the increasingly standard invisible performance of Diaby. McGinn is ineffective due to changed position. Pau, Carlos only decent players so far. Kamara is half the player with Luiz by his side. 

No urgency, no belief, no effort. Really disappointing performance from the team and actually worse than the Nottingham game. Unai will have to have a massive change in approach/ personnel in the second half as we've been horrific and not truly tested their keeper. A standard away performance?

Our first XI is arguably title challengers. This XI are barely top half challengers.

We are missing a few players alright but this is hardly our second choice 11?

Just now, Chindie said:

We're an easy team to stop away from home. We're reliant on a couple of players and without we splutter - without Luiz were incredibly predictable in our passing and if you stop McGinn we're a counter attack team. And we are so regimented in our play that when we do have up change things we wobble badly.

That's what will ultimately hurt us. We've got this insane home form but away the returns haven't been good enough and they're already been too many games were we huff and puff but the opposition just follows their game and hurts us. Happened at Forest, happened at Bournemouth, happened at Wolves, it's happening here.

Well you also have Ramsey and Moreno are still very rusty plus Diaby who is out of form. That doesn’t help either. But just more proof that we need signings and better depth.