• Durán
    • McGinn (Ramsey 58)
    • Digne (Moreno 58)
    • Carlos (Torres 69)
    • Chambers (Cash 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/23 at 23:59

Workmanlike. Done the job, saved two fixtures in Feb’, Zannylola off the mark, some more for Unai to think about in the Jan window. Shame for those who travelled but back to business on Sunday. UTV.  

• Like 1

Every fit player has now had minutes including our 3rd keeper. A draw that is actually a win. Emery has balls to do this with the squad when we needed a result . He does believe in ultilising everyone . And the workload has been low yet again. Those minutes and inclusion will prove important in the long run, whether selling someone or including them in games. The manager has done well yet again. I think his experience over the years is to just get through a group stage with no injuries and then conserve energy for the league. When it gets to the business end in March we will see some very different performances i think in this Competition

• Like 1

At least we got a bit of excitement in the end but I would rather it wasn’t about whether we would concede a second!

However, job done - not the best performance ever but we did enough to win the group & skip the knockout round so see you in the round of 16.

Scratching my head a bit over MOTM - between Douglas Luiz and Torres. Maybe Zaniolo cos he actually scored at last?

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate we just played a Bosnian team in a tiny stadium.

Things will get more " exciting " when/if we progress through the rounds and teams get better and more at stake.

There’s something about it though. Like we can play a tiny English team in the FA Cup and the players would be more up for it and the game a bit more meaningful. All these ECL games feel a bit like a pre-season tour. 

• Like 1

Never a game we were going to exert ourselves overly for, and that's exactly how it panned out. Doesn't matter how many points you get as long as you finish top of the group, so job done. 

Can't wait for the draw now! The teams from Iceland and the Faroes are out now sadly, but depending on the result this evening and then a playoff if it goes the right way still possible for a 'trip of a lifetime'/annoyingly long journey to Astana. 

Â