• Durán
    • McGinn (Ramsey 58)
    • Digne (Moreno 58)
    • Carlos (Torres 69)
    • Chambers (Cash 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/23 at 23:59

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This must be the most woeful competition we’ve competed in in my memory. Even inter-toto games were more entertaining. Still this is a means to an end (the end being better European football). 

West Ham won it, speaks volumes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blunther said:

Are you daring to suggest that Filip Marshall might not be as good as world cup winner and best goalkeeper in the world Emilio Martinez?

Why can’t we have the best keeper in the world AND the second best keeper in the world? Is it too much to ask?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That was a lot closer than it needed to be.

There is an alarming drop off when we play our second string.

Zaniolo MOM because:

a, the rest of the team were even shitter than him.

b, he scored his first and what proved to be the team's very important goal.

The second string is poor, and  unnecessarily bringing on Dendonker and Chambers could have been very costly for us.

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Top of the group with more points than Legia Warsaw. Thank goodness, because if I had to quote the (easy to find and read yourselves online) head-to-head UEFA law for club competition groups just one more time....

you're only going to have to explain it all over again if we qualify for a european competition again this season

• Thanks 1

Only saw the last 20 mins, it want pretty. 

As mentioned, no injuries, top of the group and no more extra games till march.

Pitch looked very poor.

As it wasn't the first team I saw playing there, little point me moaning at some of the crap play, the first team won't be playing that poorly.

Glad zaniolo got a goal, will try and watch it in abit.

Back to the bread and butter of the Premier league.

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Zaniolo MOM because:

The second string is poor, and  unnecessarily bringing on Dendonker and Chambers could have been very costly for us.

He was already on.

You can see why the current PL starters are the starters.

McGinn MOTM because he gave us a burst of energy and set up the goal...the scourge of Zrinjski. As for the others...

Donck was Donck...looks competent 95% of the time then makes a mistake that leaves you shaking your head. At fault for the goal (which, to be fair, was a great finish).

I usually defend Cash, but he was not very good tonight. It looked like he was trying to do too much to win his starting place back.

Zaniolo showed some progress...apart from the goal, he made a few nice passes. He still dribbles into cul-de-sacs too often, but there's hope.

Diaby seemed disinterested.

JJ seemed rusty though, to be fair, we attacked on the right far more often than the left first half, so he didn't see much of the ball.

Ditto Moreno, thought he wasn't quite as rusty as JJ.

Marschall was good except for a couple mistakes at the end. The ball he kicked off Chambers backside should have gone to the side instead of straight up the middle. Not at fault for the goal.

Konsa, Pau, and Doug all played well enough. We missed Pau after he went off.

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Zaniolo MOM because:

Are you suggesting that we need to strengthen our squad in January? I’m not sure thst some of the other posters in here would contemplate such a reckless attitude. If 13 was a big enough squad in1981,surely it’s big enough now? I hear them recite as they rock themselves to sleep. 

• Haha 2

Â