viivvaa66

My two cents

Not as easy as some are making out. The front 3 are more than capable of causing our high line quite a few problems, Son is quality, and Johnson is very quick.

Whilst not being great centre backs, Davies and Dier are experienced. When Olly and Diaby press them they'll both know the ref will back them at their place. I expect them to drop deeper as well; we tend to struggle against deeper defences. Hojbjerg won't go over the halfway line either. Hope I'm wrong on that and they keep the high line, and then I think we could do well.

Their fullbacks are better than ours too. They'll be a big factor in this as we play quite narrow in comparison to them.

I just hope Bentancur isn't match fit if he plays, as after that they get a bit thin for backups. On that note, our bench should be a massive factor in this as they really don't have one due to injuries.

Difficult one to call on current form, 3 losses on the bounce for them, but we don't look as confident away from home. Calling a draw.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

My two cents

Not as easy as some are making out. The front 3 are more than capable of causing our high line quite a few problems, Son is quality, and Johnson is very quick.

Whilst not being great centre backs, Davies and Dier are experienced. When Olly and Diaby press them they'll both know the ref will back them at their place. I expect them to drop deeper as well; we tend to struggle against deeper defences. Hojbjerg won't go over the halfway line either. Hope I'm wrong on that and they keep the high line, and then I think we could do well.

Their fullbacks are better than ours too. They'll be a big factor in this as we play quite narrow in comparison to them.

I just hope Bentancur isn't match fit if he plays, as after that they get a bit thin for backups. On that note, our bench should be a massive factor in this as they really don't have one due to injuries.

Difficult one to call on current form, 3 losses on the bounce for them, but we don't look as confident away from home. Calling a draw.

I think a draw in terms of performance and game stats is a fair judgement, but we don't really do draws.  1 in 20 odd games... I think we might shade it, but I'm often badly wrong.  0-4 villa

5 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

So McGinn is fit, Emi is in pain coming back from Argentina but should be fine. Bailey and Zaniolo are doubts and trained alone but he's more positive than negative on them. Bertie is injured as per usual. 

I would honestly keep it the same as Fulham. Would be a real kick in the you know whats if Tielemans gets dropped. Much better to keep starting him given Kamara and Luiz remain on 4 yellows. A compact central midfield to stop Spurs getting the ball through quickly for Son and I fancy Diaby and Watkins will cause their backline enough issues.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I agree, its foolish to disrespect teams on their own ground...many factors lift them.

sometimes, what appears on paper, doesn't always appear on grass.

However, I too will be disappointed if we lose, but not necessarily surprised.....it takes a different skill set and mentality away from home.....fingers crossed, we have it, on the day.

We need the same mentality and gameplan as we had at Chelsea. Do that and we should win again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Fun(?) fact.

Almost 50% of the goals we've conceded this season in the league have come in the first 15 minutes of the second half. 8 out of 17. And of the 5 we've conceded at home, 3 of those (60%) have been in that same window.

pretty shocking stats tbh, something is clearly going on with that, i wonder what the underlying factors are.

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I would honestly keep it the same as Fulham. Would be a real kick in the you know whats if Tielemans gets dropped. Much better to keep starting him given Kamara and Luiz remain on 4 yellows. A compact central midfield to stop Spurs getting the ball through quickly for Son and I fancy Diaby and Watkins will cause their backline enough issues.

I'd be shocked if Tielemans were dropped when we could do with the extra solidity in midfield. 

I would have been confident against full strength Spurs team let alone all these key player injuries they have. Only dodgy ref or VAR call should stop us from statement win. Their home form isn't amazing on face of it. Wins against Sheffield, Fulham, Manure at start of their terrible form and Liverpool 2-1 after terrible VAR offside call that may well have changed the game

Such a long wait this one! A win here would be absolutely huge. Back it up against Bournemouth and we go into City and Arsenal riding high with our incredible home form to protect. Surely we go:

Emi

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

McGinn Luiz Kamara Tielemans

Diaby Watkins

Bailey as impact sub and opportunity to give Ramsey and Moreno time to mix things up down our left. Big news that those two are back fit. If we can get them match ready and avoid injuries we go into December in a very strong place!

• Like 1

Feels like a massive match this one and one where there will be goals.

If we don'tt concede early like we have done in a few away games (or at all!) it will clearly give us a better chance.

With Emery being the ex-Arsenal manager hopefully he is even more motivated for this one if that is even possible.

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So hard to call but Im going to go for a Desmond.  With the games we have coming up we could really do with at least 2 points from the next 2.

Lol, surely not serious. Spurs with a depleted team while Bournemouth will finish in the bottom 6 and we owe them for beating us so many times over the years when they shouldn't have done. 

I think we need 4 points from the next 2 games as a minimum. Spurs just because they are missing half their team (if they were at full strength I'd accept we would probably lose) and we need to win away games against teams near the bottom if we want to sustain this top 4 challenge. 

Despite our home form being so good, I expect us to probably only get one point from City and Arsenal at home. Therefore it's crucial we pick up points in the next 2 games. 5-6 points from the next 4 games is a decent return so if we were to only get 2 points from the next 2 games it puts huge pressure on us to win one of those home games which may happen but I'm not confident because those teams are very hard to beat. 

• Like 1