viivvaa66

If we win we most likely go third, since Liverpool is playing ManC the day before.

Spurs will have a few key players out, while we maybe get Ramsey and Moreno back, should be a good time to play them.

In typical Villa fashion we get our hopes up, and then our hopes get crushed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Seems like a good time to play them...

Maddison out until the New Year, is that correct?

Romero, Bissouma suspended.

Van Der Ven also injured, anyone else.

In addition Richarlison, Sessegnon, Solomon and Perisic are not available against us.

On paper it is the perfect time to play them.

Son will be playing two World Cup qualifiers during the international break, so he wouldn't be rested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Seems like a good time to play them...

Maddison out until the New Year, is that correct?

Romero, Bissouma suspended.

Van Der Ven also injured, anyone else.

Richarlison aswell. O.k he's not very good these days but he's still been their regular CF up to the last 2-3 games.

It's a good time to play them. Backline will be the same as v Wolves except for Udogie returning at LB. Frontline for them picks itself and of course will be dangerous on the counter.

Interesting what they do in midfield given what we played today. I think they'll bring in Bentancur and see if he can manage 70 minutes but I suspect they'll be a lot deeper than they were v Chelsea.

Micky van de Ven and Maddison have been brilliant this season for Spurs. They will really miss van de Ven's recovery pace, he's perfect for how they play. 
Without Maddison their midfield lacks creativity.
In Cristian Romero, they're missing fight and spite. On his day can be a top defender but also a lose cannon. 
Bisoumma is also a big miss, he's found his form under Ange. 

Like everyone else points out this is a perfect time to play Spurs. They often start quick so we need to be aware of that. Dier and Davies at CB can definitely be get at. Could be a game for Leon Bailey to stretch them because their wing backs often go forward leaving just 2 CB's to cover defence. Udogie can be often seen rooming in the midfield. We can defiantly hurt them. 

Going to be a very interesting game to watch. Both of us playing very high lines, be interesting to see how that works against a team playing the same way. Could be like a basketball game.

With our away record cant see us winning this but its a great time to play them just as the bubble has burst slightly and they have key players out.

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Huge game for us. A point wouldnt he a disaster but we need to try go there win.

I do worry about high line against son. That plays into his hands

I think I'm right in saying Son was caught offside a record number of times in our latest win in May over Spurs. 

But we will have to be right on it as one mistake and he's in. 

Was it last season we beat them using that back 6 and hit them on the counter? I wonder could we see something like that again? Emery will know they like to play a high line as well, surely we both aren’t going to? This is the sort of game Emery will change things to exploit a weakness. 

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

With our away record cant see us winning this but its a great time to play them just as the bubble has burst slightly and they have key players out.

Why's everyone so down on our away form? Overall under Emery we've still managed 28/51 points (1.65 points per game) and I'd say we've started the season with some tough fixtures away from home. The average could and should improve over time. Wins in the next two would put the season average back up to 1.6+ ppg
Also, 1.65 ppg is similar to what Newcastle got and a fair bit more than Man United achieved away from home last season. So, our average up until now is pretty much in-line with what's required for a top four finish (assuming the home form remains strong).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Hard to imagine spurs losing 3 on the spin even with their injuries but it should be a good game.

Is it that hard to imagine? They were largely outplayed by Wolves and looked very limited with those key players missing. Also, they've had an easier start than most so I think they've been in somewhat of a false position up until now. In some ways I wish they had more their first choice players available as they shifted to a more defensive shape to compensate for Dier and Davies being at centre back, and they will probably continue against us. But maybe at home they will be more ambitious and start Lo Celso and/or Bentancur in the midfield? Whether they play Ange-ball(tm) or something more pragmatic though I still fancy us to have enough to beat them. I'm really looking forward to the game and this international break is going to feel even longer than the last one...

6 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Why's everyone so down on our away form? Overall under Emery we've still managed 28/51 points (1.65 points per game) and I'd say we've started the season with some tough fixtures away from home. The average could and should improve over time. Wins in the next two would put the season average back up to 1.6+ ppg
Also, 1.65 ppg is similar to what Newcastle got and a fair bit more than Man United achieved away from home last season. So, our average up until now is pretty much in-line with what's required for a top four finish (assuming the home form remains strong).

This season the team performance home vs away in the league, are so different that everybody notice. At home we have 3 points per game, away we have 1.16 points per game. Not only are we winning at home, we are winning with ease. At least up to now we haven’t been able to put in the same performances away, but it is still early in the season, and hopefully things will change.

The big downer is of course the loss to Nottingham, a team involved in the relegation battle, that in the their previous two home games drew to Barnsley and Luton. Indirectly it means our away form is worse than those two teams at the bottom of the league. Yes, wins agains Tottenham and Bournemouth will restore the confidence in our away form, but for the time being fans are rightly concerned.