viivvaa66

27 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Lol, surely not serious. Spurs with a depleted team while Bournemouth will finish in the bottom 6 and we owe them for beating us so many times over the years when they shouldn't have done. 

I think we need 4 points from the next 2 games as a minimum. Spurs just because they are missing half their team (if they were at full strength I'd accept we would probably lose) and we need to win away games against teams near the bottom if we want to sustain this top 4 challenge. 

Despite our home form being so good, I expect us to probably only get one point from City and Arsenal at home. Therefore it's crucial we pick up points in the next 2 games. 5-6 points from the next 4 games is a decent return so if we were to only get 2 points from the next 2 games it puts huge pressure on us to win one of those home games which may happen but I'm not confident because those teams are very hard to beat. 

Not necessarily. There’s loads of games after that 😊 

Im just considering it from a whole season rather than just 4 games perspective. Normally 2 points from spurs or Bournemouth away isn’t too bad. Although if we are serious about top 4 I accept we should be aiming for a least 4.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not necessarily. There’s loads of games after that 😊 

Im just considering it from a whole season rather than just 4 games perspective. Normally 2 points from spurs or Bournemouth away isn’t too bad. Although if we are serious about top 4 I accept we should be aiming for a least 4.

There are but we need to try to stay consistent and the next 2 are a great opportunity to improve the away form. If we drop points in two games on the trot then momentum has dropped before those really tough home matches. One win, one draw I think is a decent return, but if we can get the win tomorrow then there is a great opportunity for 6 points if we turn up at Bournemouth too. 

As if Ange is only going to play one way with an injury ridden side tomorrow. Under Gerrard, I dare say Deano as well, we'd have fallen for that bollocks.

But under the Don, nah, he ain't stupid. He'll start the game, see how they come at us and adjust accordingly.

Like elite managers do.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, useless said:

I feel like people getting carried away with a few injuries for Spurs, they can still put out a decent side, teams with much worse starting elevens have beat us already this season or got results against us. Also our away form just isn't great, we've only scored six goals away from home, three of those in one game. It's going to be a tough game

The injuries though mean the side they'll be putting out will be closer to what was out there in the two games last season which we won reasonably comfortably (well up to the 90th minute at VP anyway).

Just scanning the line ups and really the only players who'll be in for them who we didn't face last season would be Udogie and Johnson (who we kept quiet when he played for Forest). Don't think Bentancur played in either game. He'll start but will struggle to last 90 minutes especially with the intensity we'll show in midfield.

Van De Ven and Romero with their pace v Ollie and Maddison who's hurt us in the past for Leicester, that's a completely different prospect trying to get a win v them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If anyone is goung make sure you get some chicken from chick king opposite. Its delicious 

Best post so far on this thread 

If there is a good time to play them its now. And on paper they are set up exactly how we like to play. They are also obsessed with how much of a bigger club they are than us which i really hate. They are on paper but they arent in terms of potential.  Tactics wise i would play like we did against Newcastle in April. Go direct to beat their high press and then turn and run at them. Start Ramsey and Moreno and let them go at them for 45 mins. And then change things at half time if needed. 

Good match ups throughout the respective teams. And i really hope McGinn is fit. 2nd best player in the prem over the last 6 games according to that whoscored by average rating. 

Clean sheet and a 0-3 scoreline .....

.......By half time. And end up 5-1 at the end of the 101 minutes. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think we'll lose, sadly. Even though a lot of things are going in our favour for this game, our away form is a bit rubbish. 

Naturally, I hope i'm wrong. 

I’m definitely getting Forrest vibes. So much optimism! This would be a statement win despite Spurs’s injuries. 

41 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I’m definitely getting Forrest vibes. So much optimism! This would be a statement win despite Spurs’s injuries. 

I don’t get the optimism about this game. I’m thinking a point would be a great result.  People get carried away. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Their defence had their best game of the season. Low block defend yer goal.  Not what will happen tomorrow

There’s no reason for us to not go into this with optimism. It promises to be an entertaining game and I’m confident we can score goals. I’m not gonna say I expect us to win, but we’ve a good chance, just like they have. A win would be huge for us though, I can’t wait to see if we can do it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get the optimism. I’m thinking a point would be a great result.  People get carried away. 

If we can't be optimistic now when we've got the best manager we've had in decades, we're playing great football, have a squad of excellent players who've yet to hit their full potential and owners who mean business, when can we be? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

If we can't be optimistic now when we've got the best manager we've had in decades, we're playing great football, have a squad of excellent players who've yet to hit their full potential and owners who mean business, when can we be? 

Never ! 😉 

I think i used the wrong words. What I meant was some are expecting us to just turn up at Spurs and win because they have a few injuries. I think some fans get carried away and then are quick to have a melt down after a few defeats. Let’s be quietly confident.

47 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are also obsessed with how much of a bigger club they are than us which i really hate. They are on paper but they arent in terms of potential.  

Im taking it that papers a London based one?

They have nice stadium but after that I'm not sure what metric they could be described as being bigger than us, other than their fans heads.

27 minutes ago, tinker said:

Im taking it that papers a London based one?

They have nice stadium but after that I'm not sure what metric they could be described as being bigger than us, other than their fans heads.

Hahaha. We dont even exist on their radar. Its the fact that they have won **** all but still think they are so much bigger than us.. Number of twitter followers or number of pints that can be served per hour is not a good metric to use. They even use their 6 or so community shield wins to show that they have won loads of stuff. I think that revenue is important to them as well. To show they are big. . Oh yeah. They were part of the big 6 rhat wanted to breakaway to form the Euro super league as well. They are a big club . But in the grand scheme of things just as much an unsuccessful big club as us over the last 20 years or so. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, tinker said:

Bigger stadium, more global fans, much bigger revenue, consistently higher finishes in the league than Villa over the past 15 years, competed in the Champions League many times…

and then the sillier ones like more Instagram followers, London club so automatically better, more high profile players, Super League club, etc.