viivvaa66

I think its as simple as, if Ollie and Diaby can't score against Spur's slow, yet high line, we probably won't deserve to win. 

Ange has them set up a lot like Unai has us set up when we're out of possession and I know which CM pairing I'd back in this match and it's not Spurs's. 

Unbelievably, I can't see us losing. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I think its as simple as, if Ollie and Diaby can't score against Spur's slow, yet high line, we probably won't deserve to win. 

Ange has them set up a lot like Unai has us set up when we're out of possession and I know which CM pairing I'd back in this match and it's not Spurs's. 

Unbelievably, I can't see us losing. 

As long as we do not concede in the first 5/10 minutes we win this 

Think we win but I see no need to risk match them for the high-line. If I was Emery I'd let Ange do his thing and sit a bit deeper to allow Pau and Douglas to pick them off from deep.

We don't always play a high-line. We play offside against everyone but Emery isn't as kamikaze as Ange with the actual line. We play sensibly here and we win.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Think we win but I see no need to risk match them for the high-line. If I was Emery I'd let Ange do his thing and sit a bit deeper to allow Pau and Douglas to pick them off from deep.

We don't always play a high-line. We play offside against everyone but Emery isn't as kamikaze as Ange with the actual line. We play sensibly here and we win.

There is an argument to allow them onto us to then pick them off but we really don't want to concede early 😭

Fond memories of the first game back in the PL and SJM opening the scoring.... but then the feeling of inevitability when we went on to lose. 

Whoever concedes the least goals is the way I look at it this time.

If we get an even rub of the green and a fair set of officials we can do it.

I wish I could be more confident of the latter. 

Edited by BigJim

What a blessing to be going there with them missing so many key players. What an opportunity to show the world again just how serious we are. Beating a depleted opponent live on TV in their own backyard; to leapfrog them into the top 4 doesnt come around very often; we cant mess this up. Everything is aligning for us here imo. Ill be so disappointed if we dont take this chance. Ramsey and Moreno back for good measure. This is our time lads 😙

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TRO said:

I will take a point....I don't think we quite have the doggedness of last season away from home.....but happy to be wrong.

We are still WIP, but some are talking like we are the finished article.

I have no problem with folk getting mega excited, with our home form, why not......but predictions need to be tempered with considerations towards our away form.

Pre match threads always good for glass half empty posts. Was said on Claret and Blue podcast last year that negativity is an inherent Brummie trait

Edited by Kiwivillan

45 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Lots of pre Forest vibes on here.

I was more concerned about Forest than this match.

Don't care they scored late, Wolves have them a real hiding.

Big chance this.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

we cant mess this up. Everything is aligning for us here imo. Ill be so disappointed if we dont take this chance. This is our time lads 😙

We all know what happens every time this scenario presents itself.  We have 20 years of the same script.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Quietly feeling confident about this game which is a bad thing as this is usually followed by a Villa lose (Pre-Forest was the last time).

With the players Spurs are missing this is a good time to play them, you'd like to think Ramsey and Moreno will be on the bench for this one so that strong left hand side from last season might even get off the bench here if we need to change the game. 

Just need to avoid conceding early here, fancy a repeat of the fixture last season if we can avoid conceding early though I do back Son to break our high line at some point. I recall he was caught offside a lot at Villa Park and missed a lot of his one-on-ones but he looks back to his usual self this season so don't fancy seeing him through on goal too many time. 

2-1 Villa here. 

Any side missing their first choice central defensive pairing is going to struggle, especially when their depth in that position is as shocking as Spurs’. Then throw in their POTS so far and creative outlet also being out, I cant see how a team as in form as we are wont take full advantage. Bissouma too has been very good for them this season, that one was a nice little bonus. The points are coming back to B6

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Lots of pre Forest vibes on here.

Yeah I was surprised at the disrespect of Forest considering how good their home record has been, you don't fluke something like that over a 12 month period. People seemed to think they were Luton or Burnley standard so got a bit of a shock once the game actually kicked off.

However going to play a Spurs without any of Romero, Van De Ven, Bissouma and Maddison...there are good and bad times to play opponents in a season and this is certainly a good time to be playing Spurs.

Think I'd quantify this match as one I'd be incredibly disappointed to lose. We (imo) will have a better starting 11 out and we will also have more options to change things off the bench than Spurs.

• Like 2