viivvaa66

On 14/11/2023 at 16:11, MWARLEY2 said:

A huge huge game for us.  The general concensus is that that they will play  Vicario in goal, Dier and Davies in centre defence Porro and Udogie ( if fit) as full backs . Sarr Lo Celso and Holjberg in midfield and Johnson Kulisevski and Son in attack. 

Still got plenty of talent in their squad but if we have everyone still fit after the international break then we should have a decent chance of giving them a really hard game. 

McGinn Luiz and Kamara against Lo Celso Sarr and Holjberg will be fun to watch in midfield, especially if Tielemans plays to outnumber them.

The high line will have to be extremely good against them with their 3 quickies up front but they leave big gaps in behind just as we do. They press really hard as well. 

Looking forward to it. 

It's only 2 quickies, Kulusevski is as slow as molasses.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The confirmed are : Romero, Van de Ven, Bissouma and Maddison. So a big chunk of their spine. Thought Udogie was just suspended rather than injured. If he's out I presume they shift Porro to LB so would be a really makeshift backline which didn't cope that well at Wolves.

Udogie was suspended for the Wolves game, but apparently had a slight injury which stopped him joining the Italy squad (sounds like it's just precautionary though).

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's only 2 quickies, Kulusevski is as slow as molasses.

Kuluveski is a really strange on to watch. He sort of runs with the ball in a shuffling style (bit like Pires used to do with his peak at Arsenal) so while he's not rapid he can get up the pitch reasonably quickly, cut inside and get shots in.

On 12/11/2023 at 22:24, Demitri_C said:

Huge game for us. A point wouldnt he a disaster but we need to try go there win.

I do worry about high line against son. That plays into his hands

With the highline, you have to close own, the kicker......quite often we don't.

Harry Wison, launched one for Fulham, and Ollie just watched him.....that's the main issue, with it.

Funnily enough last season the high line caught them endlessly offside at VP although was scary near the end when Son scored and replay showed it was marginal. When we played Forest at VP in April I can also remember Brennan Johnson being caught offside endlessly.

From the away game last season we actually played a very low block in the first half which was expert tactics from Emery as Liverpool had badly exposed it the game before so we can adapt when required.

The strongest area of the pitch Spurs still have is in final third so it's logical to use tactics to nullify that and then you'd think we will have enough to control midfield area and create chances for our own forwards to hopefully take. That's how we win down there anyway rather than gambling on it turning into a basketball match which would be a big gamble and a game Spurs would love.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

This guy has actually analysed us really well, definitely worth a watch. He says that of the games we have lost this season (all away of course), we have conceded the first goal inside the first 10 minutes. Despite the injuries Spurs have, we have to avoid going a goal down early and make sure we're still in the game at half time. We can win this game for sure, but we have to be clever. It will be an interesting battle of tactics between two great managers in Unai and Ange. Both like their teams to play in a certain way but whoever adapts in this one and catches the other out will likely win this game. Let's hope it's Unai. 

• Like 3

On 17/11/2023 at 22:48, VillaChris said:

Funnily enough last season the high line caught them endlessly offside at VP although was scary near the end when Son scored and replay showed it was marginal. When we played Forest at VP in April I can also remember Brennan Johnson being caught offside endlessly.

From the away game last season we actually played a very low block in the first half which was expert tactics from Emery as Liverpool had badly exposed it the game before so we can adapt when required.

The strongest area of the pitch Spurs still have is in final third so it's logical to use tactics to nullify that and then you'd think we will have enough to control midfield area and create chances for our own forwards to hopefully take. That's how we win down there anyway rather than gambling on it turning into a basketball match which would be a big gamble and a game Spurs would love.

the way I see it FWIW.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 22:58, VillaChris said:

The confirmed are : Romero, Van de Ven, Bissouma and Maddison. So a big chunk of their spine. Thought Udogie was just suspended rather than injured. If he's out I presume they shift Porro to LB so would be a really makeshift backline which didn't cope that well at Wolves.

Is he a friend of Stan Collymore?

I'll get my coat.....🧥

• Haha 1

Just hope we come back injury free as i think its  crucial. Spurs injuries will no doubt be heavily talked about so they will try potray it as a free hit for them and all pressure is on us.

We need to win this as we have some tough games co.ing ul and we need abit of a cushion

On 18/11/2023 at 14:55, Leeroy said:

We can win this game for sure, but we have to be clever. It will be an interesting battle of tactics between two great managers in Unai and Ange. 

I'm not buying the Ange hype just yet. I think that results have been better than performances on quite a few occasions. Apart from the 5-2 against Burnley, have they really dominated any other opponents? Against the teams you'd expect them to beat they've had pretty even games, overall (and got lucky on a couple of occasions). Comparatively, we've battered everyone we've beaten (apart from Chelsea).
And as for their 'big' results:

2-0 against a poor Man Utd who could have had a couple of goals and a penalty in the first half.
95th minute winner against 9 man Liverpool after benefitting from VAR's biggest error (yet).
Battled to a 2-2 draw against Arsenal (probably their best performance so far) but both their goals still came from poor Arsenal defending.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I'm not buying the Ange hype just yet. I think that results have been better than performances on quite a few occasions. Apart from the 5-2 against Burnley, have they really dominated any other opponents? Against the teams you'd expect them to beat they've had pretty even games, overall (and got lucky on a couple of occasions). Comparatively, we've battered everyone we've beaten (apart from Chelsea).
And as for their 'big' results:

2-0 against a poor Man Utd who could have had a couple of goals and a penalty in the first half.
95th minute winner against 9 man Liverpool after benefitting from VAR's biggest error (yet).
Battled to a 2-2 draw against Arsenal (probably their best performance so far) but both their goals still came from poor Arsenal defending.

Palace and Fulham were comfortable wins but ultimately same v us, Fulham are shadow of the team they were last season. Palace also missing Eze and Olise when they went there so they were limited going forward.

I think we'll be fine if we score first in this as we can manage the game. Problem is we don't tend to do that a huge amount on the road so need to change that narrative.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Palace and Fulham were comfortable wins but ultimately same v us, Fulham are shadow of the team they were last season. Palace also missing Eze and Olise when they went there so they were limited going forward. 

Palace game was very even until the first goal - not many chances and Spurs had only 3 shots in the first half. Most of their 0.9 xg came from Son's goal too. Fulham had a number of opportunities vs them on the break but messed them all up because their front line is so bad. 

Lets not completely dismiss spurs 

Losing maddison is like us losing diaby. We would feel it too. 

I dont like the high line against son tbh. This would play right in his hands

Edited by Demitri_C