viivvaa66

55 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

The big downer is of course the loss to Nottingham, a team involved in the relegation battle

Yep, that one was a disappointment, but they don't lose many at home to be fair to them, and it's a game that we probably should have at least drawn on balance of play.
Also, how did we do in the corresponding away fixtures last season against teams we've dropped points to so far? We lost at Newcastle and Wolves, and got draws against Liverpool and Forest, so 2 points from those 4 games as opposed to 1 point this season. Not really a huge drop off. Still a long way to go and plenty of opportunities to improve the away form.

Pressures on Spurs in this game given their recent losses. If they go gung ho and they don't score early then we could rack up a big score line in this game, I'm going 4-1 to us with Diaby coming to life. UTV 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Spurs will be up for it. They wont want 3 defeats on bouce and two in row at home.

They're losing for a reason and the Ange hype was always going to derail and key injuries makes me even more confident

Biggest game of the season so far. 2 weeks of hype. Seems like we're playing them.at the right time, but it'll be a hostile environment and test for our players. Can they meet the moment? Can they handle the pressure?

• Like 1

It's like when we played Chelsea, a good time to play them.  Things hsve worked out pretty well with timing against the big London clubs. Now it's time for is to turn up and give a proper away performance and not the type of shit show like at Forest where we were bullied out of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

i think spurs were always in a slightly false position at the top of the league with a pretty good run of fixtures and a bit of luck.

Have settled now to their rightful level which is in and around us

Should be a good open game.

Im gonna be there behind enemy lines in the posh seats so hopefully I can contain myself when our fourth goes in!

Yep, their away form particularly (W4 D2 L1) looks impressive, but when you dig into it, they've had very favourable fixtures for the most part away from home. They've played three of the bottom four and only 1 team that's in the top half of the table. Average position of the opponents across those games is 13th. Comparatively, we've played 3 teams from the top half, and only one of the bottom four away from home (average position of opponent = 11th). I'd like to think we'd have a similar away record to them with the same fixtures.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

It's like when we played Chelsea, a good time to play them.  Things hsve worked out pretty well with timing against the big London clubs. Now it's time for is to turn up and give a proper away performance and not the type of shit show like at Forest where we were bullied out of the game.

I think we're a match for them physically. They were bullied by Wolves as we were by Forest, so fairly even in that respect? Actually, with Bissouma out suspended I fancy our midfield vs whichever three from Sarr/Hojbjerg/Bentancur/Lo Celso that they go with.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

On 12/11/2023 at 16:33, viivvaa66 said:

If we win we most likely go third, since Liverpool is playing ManC the day before.

Spurs will have a few key players out, while we maybe get Ramsey and Moreno back, should be a good time to play them.

In typical Villa fashion we get our hopes up, and then our hopes get crushed.

Yep, I'm not sure our players have the mentality or belief that they can seize these opportunities to take the next step into the top 4 and consolidate the position.

I hope I'm wrong!

55 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don't feat them without Maddison

Yes Son is quality but without Maddison who is creating for him? 

We have to be assertive from the start. We have to rattle them.

• Like 1

A huge huge game for us.  The general concensus is that that they will play  Vicario in goal, Dier and Davies in centre defence Porro and Udogie ( if fit) as full backs . Sarr Lo Celso and Holjberg in midfield and Johnson Kulisevski and Son in attack. 

Still got plenty of talent in their squad but if we have everyone still fit after the international break then we should have a decent chance of giving them a really hard game. 

McGinn Luiz and Kamara against Lo Celso Sarr and Holjberg will be fun to watch in midfield, especially if Tielemans plays to outnumber them.

The high line will have to be extremely good against them with their 3 quickies up front but they leave big gaps in behind just as we do. They press really hard as well. 

Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

I love to hate Spurs

But

I love Ange to do well, cos he's Aussie and the way he goes about it would shock most people, yet it works at every club he goes too.

Yet I love to hate Spurs...

I would love to beat them but I would also love to not lose away. 

Yes I would shake someone's hand for a point right now.

Another loss away could start to affect our home form. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I love to hate Spurs

But

I love Ange to do well, cos he's Aussie and the way he goes about it would shock most people, yet it works at every club he goes too.

Yet I love to hate Spurs...

I would love to beat them but I would also love to not lose away. 

Yes I would shake someone's hand for a point right now.

Another loss away could start to affect our home form. 

We will eventually lose at home. It will have absolutely nothing to do with our away form when it happens.

20 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I don't feat them without Maddison

Yes Son is quality but without Maddison who is creating for him? 

My guess would have been Lo Celso, but Ange didn't start him last game, and Bentancur will be back for this so will replace Bissouma.

They aren't all that.

They'll press very high and Johnson and Son will be a threat running into space.

If we beat that press, I think we'll win. I'd use McGinn really high up the pitch and clip it up to him a lot to hold with his enormous beautiful behind.

Can't see anything but a big win for one of the sides.

Facing Unai with two weeks to put a plan together? Good luck Ange.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2023 at 21:11, MWARLEY2 said:

A huge huge game for us.  The general concensus is that that they will play  Vicario in goal, Dier and Davies in centre defence Porro and Udogie ( if fit) as full backs . Sarr Lo Celso and Holjberg in midfield and Johnson Kulisevski and Son in attack. 

Still got plenty of talent in their squad but if we have everyone still fit after the international break then we should have a decent chance of giving them a really hard game. 

McGinn Luiz and Kamara against Lo Celso Sarr and Holjberg will be fun to watch in midfield, especially if Tielemans plays to outnumber them.

The high line will have to be extremely good against them with their 3 quickies up front but they leave big gaps in behind just as we do. They press really hard as well. 

Looking forward to it. 

Lo Celso would be interesting call. Has only started the cup match. Did he come on v Wolves?  Would be just like us starting Moreno after months out.

They'll start Bentancur I'd imagine or maybe even Skipp.

41 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So who will they missing from injuries and suspensions? 

The confirmed are : Romero, Van de Ven, Bissouma and Maddison. So a big chunk of their spine. Thought Udogie was just suspended rather than injured. If he's out I presume they shift Porro to LB so would be a really makeshift backline which didn't cope that well at Wolves.

• Thanks 1