Ratings & Reactions: Villa v AZ Alkmaar

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/23 at 23:59

Was literally messaging my mate to say that a point wouldn’t have been the end of the world as the winner went in. 

It wouldn’t have been the end of the world, but am very happy with the three points.

Hard fought win, well done fellas.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

For the first 70 minutes or so, I thought that Emi, Lenglet, Digne, Kamara, McGinn, and Diaby played reasonably well. We were just frustrated by good defending.

It's no coincidence that we got the winner after Doug came on. Other then Buendia, nobody in the team can unlock a defence like he can. I normally wouldn't give MOTM to someone who didn't play for most of the match, but he made the difference.

Edited by TomC
Thought Zrinjski was the next game but it's Legia.
  • Like 2

Job done. Would have liked for it to be a bit more comfortable, but it was never going to be a repeat of the reverse fixture. I thought Tielemans played well, which is great to see. His last few appearances have been much better, so hopefully he's finding his feet now.

Not a great performance by any means but Luiz’s pass to Watkins for the goal was sublime as was Watkin’s finish.

Also liked the way Villa controlled the last ten minutes.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Scraped it.

Thank you Dougie.

We need more urgency AND to be more accurate in our final third passing.

Its not just accuracy, its making the right pass.

There were multiple times where a free player was ignored to try and play a pass through 2 defenders, or where someone tried to dribble through when there was the chance to play in a team mate. It was the same against Forest.

Teams are going to sit back against us, so we need to sharpen up in and around the box and not basically do the defenses job for them.

Its why the top teams are so good - they make the right decisions at the right times, and can execute the pass.

• Like 2

Â