2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 22:59

I wonder if the moments we slow the game down and play at our pace will help with fatigue during a long season. In the past under MON for example it always seemed like we played at a million miles an hour whereas now it feel like we play in bursts and at other times just slowly control the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant away performance, dominated and controlled the game. Tielamans was excellent both as a forward attacking midfielder and then when he dropped deeper after the subs. 

I have to pinch myself somerimes as I haven't witnessed a controlled team performance like this on a regular basis before.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder if the moments we slow the game down and play at our pace will help with fatigue during a long season. In the past under MON for example it always seemed like we played at a million miles an hour whereas now it feel like we play in bursts and at other times just slowly control the game.

Spot on. It’s all played with reason and not at 100%. It’s sensible.

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 1

Brilliant performance by Villa tonight. Every player 8 out 10 with Tielemans putting in his best performance in a Villa shirt.

Defensively sound while having a cutting edge on the break. Kamara also went about his business quietly but effectively and it was noted by self when Luiz was subbed Villa lost a bit of control in midfield.

Bailey was also effective and you can see how much the players have improved under Emery with most improving their technique on the ball.

Impressive!

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

Professional, classy performance. We barely got out of 2nd gear after we got the 4th.

You need to look after possession in Europe, and while we had a couple of wobbles, I thought we did that, and took the sting out of the game. 

Bailey, a standout for me. I'd think about starting him on Sunday.

I posted in the match thread:

Honest to god, they've worked almost nothing themselves but had SO many chances from our sloppy play. Poor passing, bad decision making. Why? Why do we keep doing thing? 

This lot could be so easily shut out of this but for our gifts.

I'm not saying this to be a moaning Minnie during a spectacular European win. It's just that you can see we've a whole other level if we can remove the sloppiness.   We've been amazing even with all those sloppiness in our game. Honestly I can see us really going up a gear and going........ Well I don't want to say how far we can go, but it's there, right in front of us and for the taking. 

• Like 3

Â