2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 22:59

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I choose to think it was the suffocating style of Zrinjski in having minimum intention of attacking....They just sat in a low block and stopped us playing.

AZ had a tad more intention of attacking us ( expected at home) than Zrinjski, who was away.

One of our features right now, is playing through the lines, if teams sit deep, we have to be patient....Luton could do the same.

Agreed 100%...my point was that, if we had scored early against Zrinjski, they wouldn't have been able to play that way and we could have run up the score like we did against Alkmaar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Agreed 100%...my point was that, if we had scored early against Zrinjski, they wouldn't have been able to play that way and we could have run up the score like we did against Alkmaar.

I agree, yes.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I always get excited when we win 1-4 away from home, with a controlled performance against a team who have been tearing it up in their domestic league, even though its a lesser standard than ours and West Ham only overcome them by the odd goal.

My point was about the lack of coverage. I care about the game of course, I’m delighted and thought we did brilliantly, but I can definitely sympathise with the fact it doesn’t create headlines in the news outlets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Maybe he has proved you right....with time to revisit and reconsider....thats what we all do surely.....many factors form our opinions,  they change, we must be free to reconsider our positions.

I understand the notion of showing faith, but that can also be afforded misjudgingly to players who never make it.

I too was not convinced with Dougie in his early days with us.....I prefer to think he has come on leaps and bounds, and his work further forward has helped too....Dougies game has been transformed, beyong belief by  a number of things....1. intro of Boubarcar Kamamra. 2. Unai Emery  work 3. The overal team play. 4 by his determination to improve.

Dougie wants to be top class, thats so important...that desire.

Cash has improved too, so maybe you was right, when you said it.

What I struggle with....is when a player has markedly improved, but the fan is so invested in his original opinion, he/she is so reluctant to change it.

When we all say.....I don't like this or that player, what we really mean, is we don't like their performances.....but performances can change, and factors affecting them.... so opinions should change accordingly, if we see fit, to change them.

Personally, I have no problem at all saying my opinion has changed on a player....but thats just me.

Sometimes it's nice to be wrong, that's if you're able to put foolish pride to one side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sometimes it's nice to be wrong, that's if you're able to put foolish pride to one side. 

Sheepy, If I see a negative and Villa prove me wrong.....I am highly delighted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Just seen an article about this and looks like we have been unfair to the steward. He was enforcing a rule for all Netherlands clubs that banners asking for shirts are forbidden.

It seems the steward then went to the dressing room, found Diaby and asked him to meet the boy to give him his shirt. The video with Diaby is a result of the stewards actions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12680319/AZ-Alkmaar-say-steward-RIGHT-confiscate-bin-tearful-young-fans-banner-reveal-role-making-amends.html

just goes to show how we can all get the wrong end of the stick.....Bravo to that Steward on that basis.

On 27/10/2023 at 13:36, John said:

image.jpeg.ee7603d81b3afe9ff87d3487b1b5c525.jpeg  ;) Brilliant result, our best win away from home in Europe since 1981 in Berlin? Bailey and Tielemans, let their football do the talking for them last night. :clap: 

You’re not counting the game In Rotterdam as that was neutral territory ?

• Like 1

Â