2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 22:59

43 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep. It shows how screwed they are that they cannot afford to send a jouno to cover us. Same in the 1 nil 3 weeks ago. 

Tbf, if we weren’t in the competition I wouldn’t be able to give less of a shit. I barely care about the UCL until about the semi finals. Even the conference final will attract barely any coverage. But it is what it is. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, smg said:

After tonight’s games we are shown on BBC as being second in the group. Out goal difference and goals scored are better than Legia. Is it because they beat us ?

……It’s just more of the media bias against us

😉

• Haha 1

If their goalie had held on to Bailey's shot instead of parrying it into the path of Watkins, Ollie would have done his nut at Bailey for shooting - you could see him pointing and screaming for the pass. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Lenglet Tielemans and Bailey deserve the MOTM. cannot split them..

Youri was **** magnificent though  . He came alive in that number 10 role and then through getting so much confidence from his performance we didnt even miss Luiz when he went off. 

We forget that Maddison had that number 10 sewn up at Leicester. His skillset can be really made the most of further up the pitch. You could see he was loving it . 

This was the night Youri truly became a Villa player. 

I’m Luiz’s fiercest critic on here but can’t agree at all that Villa didn’t miss Luiz when subbed.

It was no coincidence at all that AZ best period of the game coincided with Luiz’s substitution!

9 hours ago, striker said:

I’m Luiz’s fiercest critic on here but can’t agree at all that Villa didn’t miss Luiz when subbed.

It was no coincidence at all that AZ best period of the game coincided with Luiz’s substitution!

I think when someone constantly criticises a certain player people start to not value your opinion, it begins to look like slagging for slagging's sake, as we have seen with McGinn in the past and other players. I try and be as objective as I can even with the player's I particularly like. 

Take Cash for instance, I was really scathing about some of his performances last season and remarked if he was maybe not up to the level required by Emery, however, he has completely proved me wrong this season and flourished to the point where he is probably one of the first names on the sheet. My point being, however critical you maybe about a certain player, as a real fan, I think you should always be absolutely delighted when that player begins to prove your doubts wrong. 

That's why I mentioned Bailey in the match thread, he has endured some terrible criticism on here at times, even with his fine record at VP, however, I, and no doubt others, always knew there was a proper baller in there somewhere, and most definitely the manager knew that, hence, the patience and encouragement he has shown towards him. Suddenly, he is starting to look like one of the main men. His work rate tonight was phenomenal, and I gave him motm. That is a player reciprocating the faith shown to him by this wonderful manager. It's frightening how good we're becoming, once we learn how to tighten them shutters a bit more, we are going to be some force.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

If their goalie had held on to Bailey's shot instead of parrying it into the path of Watkins, Ollie would have done his nut at Bailey for shooting - you could see him pointing and screaming for the pass. 

I reckon Watkins would have shot if the roles were reversed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The feeling for me is exactly the same as it felt in 1977, this is not bullshit it is bizarre, the similarity's make me shudder, masacre teams at home, concede but know it is a minor irrelevance. Do you Believe in the Villa....................................  

Definitely! There was that same kind of panache about that mid seventies side.

• Like 1

I was worried about this one. With our European performances so far this season, and the “weakened” lineup, I thought it had loss written all over it. 

How wrong I was. Great performance, professional job. We’re finally hitting our stride in Europe

7 hours ago, smg said:

After tonight’s games we are shown on BBC as being second in the group. Out goal difference and goals scored are better than Legia. Is it because they beat us ?

Head to head results count before goal difference in Europe 

Commented earlier and we had a great game, some observations.

AZ Alkmaar tried to beat the highline from set pieces with a well timed runner breaking through the line as the ball was kicked , be interesting to see if this is copied against us, it looked dangerous  for us.

Thought  Riechedly Bazoer had a good game against Ollie, he kept him relatively quiet. Pity his career is littered with indiscipline 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riechedly_Bazoer

11 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I wore my super secret undefeated Villa Shirt… I daren’t wear it too often as I don’t want it run out, but that’s something like 15 games worn and unbeaten… maybe it is magic!?

26th November for next runout?

• Like 1

Â