2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 22:59

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

26th November for next runout?

Hmm not sure yet… I’ve got to use it sparingly. Once I realised it was magic, I’ve only worn it when we really needed a win. So might wait til the knockout phases of the UECL 😆 

11 hours ago, romavillan said:

It's going to keep happening, we deliberately take risks at the back to bring the other team out and stretch their shape. Do that often enough and a couple of times you will look really stupid. Risk and reward though, playing that way we're **** awesome for 30+ games.

This is true. But when we're on it we make one or two mistakes at the most, last night I lost count. In the prem we'd have been punished.

I will also add that I expect us to get better at this the more we play and train this way, so the mistakes will be minimised.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

this for me too!! UTV now and back in the day. Thanks Ron and of course Tony Barton for finishing the job when he needed to. Let’s not forget Vic and the role he played in restoring our pride and bringing back our club to something we recognised as glorious too! The pride of Birmingham, England and finally Europe. We conquered it all and with the Sultan of Unai we may do it again, it certainly feels that way. Dean is possibly our new Vic and the Sultan,Ron and Tony’s love child!!!

P.S. Newcastle play the role of Ipswich the media darlings that fell short when it mattered would you bet against the Sultan?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

This is true. But when we're on it we make one or two mistakes at the most, last night I lost count. In the prem we'd have been punished.

I will also add that I expect us to get better at this the more we play and train this way, so the mistakes will be minimised.

I’ll settle for winning 30 games out of 31!

5 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

I liked how the instant the ball hit the net for his goal, Tielemans was turning round to shout out the quality of McGinn's pass

Yeah it seems they are a tight knit group. 

I noticed that Tielemans and Bailey were chuffed with the 4th goal Sunday too which probably gave them the confidence for last night and that sense we belong in this team.

Not forgetting Carlos and Lenglet who contributed too.

It's lovely to see.  Emery the Don.

Thought we controlled the game well, we never looked too flustered apart from 10 minutes after their goal when we went unexpectedly sloppy. Bailey rolling his socks down has been a masterclass 

AZ were poor, but they're clearly a decent team who had a bad performance. They're probably going to have to win at Villa Park now (as Id expect Legia to win at home against Mostovar, putting them on 9 points) so that'll play into our hands if they leave us space. 

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

Absolutely. 

I'm convinced it's because there is no prejudice. The ref was just totally fair and called everything as he saw it. 

Every premier league ref seems to favour someone with one eyed decisions all the time.  So refreshing. 

worrying but thought provoking.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, turnbull said:

Considering their league record this season, that was a very good result indeed. A proper shpanking. 

image.jpeg.ee7603d81b3afe9ff87d3487b1b5c525.jpeg  ;) Brilliant result, our best win away from home in Europe since 1981 in Berlin? Bailey and Tielemans, let their football do the talking for them last night. :clap: 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TomC said:

I missed most of the first half so I don't feel qualified to give a detailed write up.

One comment...Akmaar were more skilled than Zrinjski but they fared worse. Why? I have to believe that it's because we got an early goal and they had to chase the game.

I choose to think it was the suffocating style of Zrinjski in having minimum intention of attacking....They just sat in a low block and stopped us playing.

AZ had a tad more intention of attacking us ( expected at home) than Zrinjski, who was away.

One of our features right now, is playing through the lines, if teams sit deep, we have to be patient....Luton could do the same.

Â