Things you'd like gone

Mic09

5 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

It seems to be people who are on the left who are hounded out of their jobs etc. By people who are on the rabid left.

Not so sure about that.

Harvey Weinstein-  Probably the poster child of cancellation.   If women speaking up about that makes them rabid left, God help us.

Roseanne-  It’s not a rabid left position to condemn Racism and Xenophobia.

Al Franken-  Mostly liberals and moderates behind it, but mainly because he was supposed to be an ally of women and above that sort of behavior.

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Generations -- Greatest, Boomer, X, Y, Z, ad nauseam. An absolute welter of bullshit ideas around those. Get rid.

This reminds me, and Im a little annoyed with myself that I didnt put it as my first reply

Group Identities

• Like 1

Fans from other clubs who aren't on here for a nice discussion but are instead trolling or endlessly trying to get people to see how great their club is.

There's a few who join and post semi-regularly and are generally nice to engage with (Brentford fans etc) but the Leeds, Newcastle fans etc just annoy me.

12 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

It seems to be people who are on the left who are hounded out of their jobs etc. By people who are on the rabid left.

It's true. "Doubling down" and ignoring calls for resignation is part of the Trump playbook, too.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All forms of religion, every single trace of it from every religion ever invented.

They'd just invent different reasons to hate different people. 

@sidcow’s post just now in the general chat thread has reminded me.

Eating contests. I don’t know if we really have them over here, I only ever encounter this occasionally in US pop culture. But cramming as much food down your gob in a set amount of time, I really find it gross. And that’s without going into the food waste aspect of it.

To give an example, the pie eating scene in Stand By Me lets an otherwise excellent film down.

So Rob Reiner can leave that segment on the cutting room floor and these competitions can **** off.

• Like 1

Â