Things you'd like gone

Mic09

Nespresso Vertuo machines.

My god it's overengineered crap, just to get people excited about new way of consuming coffee, and thereby generating profits for Nestle. To insert/remove a pod you push a button and a motor lifts the thing up... but the pods get stuck anyway, so you have to push it out with your hand.

Utter waste of planetary and human resources, without adding any value whatsoever, just to make money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

@sidcow’s post just now in the general chat thread has reminded me.

Eating contests. I don’t know if we really have them over here, I only ever encounter this occasionally in US pop culture. But cramming as much food down your gob in a set amount of time, I really find it gross. And that’s without going into the food waste aspect of it.

To give an example, the pie eating scene in Stand By Me lets an otherwise excellent film down.

So Rob Reiner can leave that segment on the cutting room floor and these competitions can **** off.

Careful with that kind of talk:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

@sidcow’s post just now in the general chat thread has reminded me.

Eating contests. I don’t know if we really have them over here, I only ever encounter this occasionally in US pop culture. But cramming as much food down your gob in a set amount of time, I really find it gross. And that’s without going into the food waste aspect of it.

To give an example, the pie eating scene in Stand By Me lets an otherwise excellent film down.

So Rob Reiner can leave that segment on the cutting room floor and these competitions can **** off.

Bloody good call. Unless maybe all participants have to actually piss on some poor people, on camera, before they're allowed to compete. Maybe then they'd realise that thinking it's ok to take part in one of these competitions defines you as a word removed of the highest order.

Religion. Someone has already posted it. 

Therefore, I'll go for flies. 

Especially them stupid idiot flies that while you're sat down, land on you, you swat it away, it lands on you again, you do the same, it comes back and you end up nearly smashing the shit out your living room trying to kill the bastard thing. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 17:45, Anthony said:

Bottled water, in this country and the developed world at least. 

Put it in the same bin as tobacco; it only exists to create profits, not to solve a need. 

People that put tobacco in the recycling bin. ;)

On 11/10/2023 at 05:47, Marka Ragnos said:

It's true. "Doubling down" and ignoring calls for resignation is part of the Trump playbook, too.

I was thinking of people like:

James Damore
Jodi Shaw
Bret Weinstein
Peter Boghossian
James Bennet
Tabia Lee

Erika López Prater

• Like 1

Â