Jareth

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

Leicester absolutely smashed both Liverpool and Man City over the whole season. Its closer to unlikeky than impossible that we do it. 

Can't remember much about Liverpool but Man City for instance had Caballero in goal which cost them about 15 points 😂

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm not sure about this. I think Poch is better suited to manage older players who already know how to win, like Ancelotti. These Chelsea players are mostly young and unaccustomed to the pressure and demands of playing for a club like Chelsea in the media glare of West London, in a league as competitive as the Prem. They'll collect points against the lower table riff raff, but struggle badly against the top 7.

Poch made his name giving youth a chance at Spurs. It’s exactly why Chelsea hired him. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

Leicester absolutely smashed both Liverpool and Man City over the whole season. Its closer to unlikeky than impossible that we do it. 

Liverpool finished 8th that season and started season with Rodgers

6 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Getting ahead of myself but if we win the next two games against Forest and Fulham, we will genuinely be thinking about a title run, especially if Spurs lose to Chelsea and Brentford get something from Liverpool next week.

We will have played 12 games mate 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

City will win the league. Arsenal and Liverpool will battle for runner up. The rest is anyone’s. 

I think Arsenal will fight for top 4. They are mentally weak and not creative under pressure which they showcased yesterday. 

53 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

10 games is usually when people start looking at how the table is shaping up and what a team's points average is. Been the case for the 30 odd years I have been watching.

While it's mathematically possible we can dream, surely.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

10 games is usually when people start looking at how the table is shaping up and what a team's points average is. Been the case for the 30 odd years I have been watching.

I’m certainly starting to dream, but to be genuinely thinking about it is getting a little ahead I feel 😉

If we’re still in the top 4/5 at Christmas it’s time!

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Getting ahead of myself but if we win the next two games against Forest and Fulham, we will genuinely be thinking about a title run, especially if Spurs lose to Chelsea and Brentford get something from Liverpool next week.

A title run? I thought this thread was for laughs and giggles.  

Man City aren’t even playing that great but are top of the league so when they move up a gear, as they tend to do, they will blow everybody away.

An unbelievable season will be CL place for us, that’s our target imo.  I don’t think we’ll be even entertaining/thinking about a title run…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

15 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The point when discussion would start wouldn't really be either rational or up to us. We can't keep winning and climbing the table without discussion starting sooner or later (though obviously we would need to keep winning!) 

Probably the most rational time to take stock will be after the United game on Boxing Day, as we still have Spurs, Arsenal, City, United and Brentford (away and after a trip to Bosnia) in this half of the season, so plenty of opportunity to drop away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Man City aren’t even playing that great but are top of the league so when they move up a gear, as they tend to do, they will blow everybody away.

An unbelievable season will be CL place for us, that’s our target imo.  I don’t think we’ll be even entertaining/thinking about a title run…

Come march when everyone else starts to feel the effects of a long season and long winter Man Citys rotation and having £100m players on the bench kicks in to effect

We're all playing 4th choice players, the difference is their 4th choice player cost £40m earns £200k a week and has 50 caps at international level, no one can compete with it

Biggest hope is that 5th place get the CL this year, we have to genuinely believe we are in the top 5 best clubs in the PL because after city, spurs, arsenal and Liverpool it's between us Brighton and Newcastle

I wouldn't be surprised if the top 8 looks exactly the same in may, looking at it I think the entire PL could look the same as it does this morning, it actually looks and feels about right for once

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The point when discussion would start wouldn't really be either rational or up to us. We can't keep winning and climbing the table without discussion starting sooner or later (though obviously we would need to keep winning!) 

Probably the most rational time to take stock will be after the United game on Boxing Day, as we still have Spurs, Arsenal, City, United and Brentford (away and after a trip to Bosnia) in this half of the season, so plenty of opportunity to drop away. 

I think even Boxing Day is too early, I wouldn’t even be contemplating until March time at the earliest.  We need ~90 points to have a chance to win the league, I don’t think our squad gets us to that level over the course of a long season.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’ve overstated it after spending too much time looking at the table and thinking about permutations - my bad, but it’s a nice change to be able to dream of it at least.
What I am thinking is that before long if this carries on we are going to have to acknowledge that early form under Emery might actually not just be a purple patch. 6 points from the next two games and I don’t think anyone will be able to deny that we are in the mix for champions league spaces at least.

• Like 1