Jareth

We are not rounded enough, to win the title, in those terms, we are not ready.

I still think the traditionally top teams have a side, to their team,  that we haven't got, yet.

We are a very good side, but until we can demonstrate, all aspects of the game, we will just continue on the "good side" path.

There are teams who can adopt styles to stop us ....until we can counter that, and meet it head on, we will be what we are now....a very good side.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are not rounded enough, to win the title, in those terms, we are not ready.

I still think the traditionally top teams have a side, that we haven't got, yet.

We are a very good side, but until we can demonstrate, all aspects of the game, we will just continue on the "good side" path.

There are teams who can adopt styles to stop us ....until we can counter that, and meet it head on, we will be what we are now....a very good side.

We are at the 1976/77 phase at this moment 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

We are at the 1976/77 phase at this moment 

That has just raised my smile.....A very good comparison, and I think you're right.

Swashbuckling and free scoring.....I think Unai has plans for the next phase...and it will be more aimed, at our performances away from home.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I can only apologise for my earlier posts.

I’m blaming the loss of this season’s title down to you! The jinx you put on us has cost us the title.  The knock on impacts include us not playing the CL, Mbappe turning us now down, a run of 8 titles in the next 9 years, domination of Europe…I hope you are proud of yourself…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m blaming the loss of this season’s title down to you! The jinx you put on us has cost us the title.  The knock on impacts include us not playing the CL, Mbappe turning us now down, a run of 8 titles in the next 9 years, domination of Europe…I hope you are proud of yourself…

I’ve had better days! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, we really missed a big opportunity this week, huge miss tbh.

Agree, we could be third right now. Those forest games are the ones title winners get done.

i always try and balance what we should do vs what we need to do.

we lost to forest when expecting a win. We need to win a game we expect to lose to address it back.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

ye, we really missed a big opportunity this week, huge miss tbh.

Going to be weeks where teams around Villa win and Villa lose and going to be weeks where Villa win and teams around Villa lose. A big opportunity is in April/May not November. Long season of ups and downs to go yet. Villa last season showed the league table in November means nothing. 

Just now, RichW said:

Going to be weeks where teams around Villa win and Villa lose and going to be weeks where Villa win and teams around Villa lose. A big opportunity is in April/May not November. Long season of ups and downs to go yet. Villa last season showed the league table in November means nothing. 

true, but for any team with a genuine desire for top 4, or even top 6, every point does matter.

granted we could go on a run like last year, but outside of those type of runs, picking up points where you would expect to, is still important at the end of the year.

We are not winning the league this season, Squad is not good enough. We are a couple of season away to challenging

Its exciting times but lets not get ahead of ourselves. That performance Sunday showed we are not there yet