Jareth

We all know City will go on a run the second half of the season. I dont think our squad is equipped to go for a title run. Arsenal I always thought would challenge. Liverpool could challenge. Tottenham, will fall away. I think Chelsea will get stronger as the season goes along. 

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Players going to AFCON could play a part in how the top of the table shakes out:

Spurs - Sarr & Bissouma
Liverpool - Salah
Brighton - Baleba & Adringra
Arsenal - Partey
West Ham - Aguerd, Kudus

I’m guessing we’ll lose Traore as well then? 

edit - mistake and corrected 

Edited by ferguson1

38 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t think we’re in the title race, that’s stupid imo. But the lack of recognition we and Emery get is getting silly now. 

On NZ breakfast news the other day they said Arsenal beat Man City for first time since 2015. In other results Liverpool drew with Brighton and Newcastle drew with West Ham. 

Pisses me off

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

There is just no reason for not trying hard to win the title of this year.  Yes, we all know the odds, and we know all the challenges, and I think we’re pretty realistic about that as a fan base.

But aiming for the title seriously is also about squad mentality and long-term transfer strategy and power.  

I think there are very good arguments for why NOT going for the title is reckless and irresponsible. 

Technically it's our hands now. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

There is just no reason for not trying hard to win the title of this year.  Yes, we all know the odds, and we know all the challenges, and I think we’re pretty realistic about that as a fan base.

But aiming for the title seriously is also about squad mentality and long-term transfer strategy and power.  

I think there are very good arguments for why NOT going for the title is reckless and irresponsible. 

For context, according to the bookies. We are 30 times more likely to win the league than Leicester were the year they won it. I completely agree with you. 

Win tomorrow and we are 2 points off top, with some easier fixtures to come. 

• Like 2

On 09/10/2023 at 19:44, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t think we’re in the title race, that’s stupid imo. But the lack of recognition we and Emery get is getting silly now. 

Chelsea? 🤣🤣 FFS. The media really don't like us! 

Good, let's just keep winning, then when we sit at the top of the table they can crop us off and show 2nd place 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think going under the radar and being ignored is out the window after that game.

I wouldn’t bet on it. We aren’t widely appreciated and probably never will be. I think we could win the league and it would be forgotten about a week later ☹️

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I wouldn’t bet on it. We aren’t widely appreciated and probably never will be. I think we could win the league and it would be forgotten about a week later ☹️

Be interesting to see, but judging from the spunkfest sky commentary and BBC article it seems they've clocked how good Emery is and how much potential we have.

I'd be happy if they continue underestimating us, but I think that Hammering will elevate our recognition