Jareth

On 01/04/2024 at 07:42, LondonLax said:

The level of consistency you need to win a title is incredible. 

It's not the 90s anymore where you could win the league with 75 points as I think Man. United did the year they won the treble.

Guardiola has raised the bar here as Man. City in his time have won the league with 100 (yes) points, 98, 86, 93 and 89 last season when they won it with two games spare. Liverpool won it in 19/20 with 99 points.

89/90 points probably enough this season so does put it in perspective that this will be our best league haul for over 30 years and we'll still be 20 points off 1st and possibly 2nd.

It was a very good effort but ultimately you can't have six week periods like we did from late December up to middle of Feb if you want to be serious about winning the league, better to do it at the start of the season when everyone is dropping points.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2024 at 04:23, VillaChris said:

IIt was a very good effort but ultimately you can't have six week periods like we did from late December up to middle of Feb unless you cheat

FTFY 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 11:23, VillaChris said:

It's not the 90s anymore where you could win the league with 75 points as I think Man. United did the year they won the treble.

Guardiola has raised the bar here as Man. City in his time have won the league with 100 (yes) points, 98, 86, 93 and 89 last season when they won it with two games spare. Liverpool won it in 19/20 with 99 points.

89/90 points probably enough this season so does put it in perspective that this will be our best league haul for over 30 years and we'll still be 20 points off 1st and possibly 2nd.

It was a very good effort but ultimately you can't have six week periods like we did from late December up to middle of Feb if you want to be serious about winning the league, better to do it at the start of the season when everyone is dropping points.

Agree with this.

Even at this point of the season, last week Liverpool and Arsenal were only 2 points behind Man City and people were saying they still had a chance at the title if they won every single remaining game.

Needing to win 6 games in a row to make up a 2 point defecit is mad. But they're right.

I remember in the 90s Alex Ferguson saying you could only lose 6 or 7 game a season if you want to win the league.

Now I think it's more like 3 or 4

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

No longer mathematically possible #EmeryOut

Moving backwards under this manager. I remember a couple of months ago we were title challengers!

What now?!? Scrapping to qualify for the Champions League!

If you completely ignore his win percentage, progression, multiple records, play style, player motivation, general likeability, ambition, unwavering professionalism and refusal to make any excuses he's pretty rubbish really 😆 

Time to look elsewhere.