Match Thread: Legia Warszawa v Villa

limpid

Been a few off performances that half, missed 1st 15 minutes but some poor performances from the midfield.

Bailey doesn't seem to be coming or going, no movement and no closing down which with the slo mo midfield and defence got them their 2nd goal. 

Defence doesn't look good.

Great goal by digne and the replay of our 1st goal looked a good shot and reaction header.

Duran unlucky at the end with his turn and scuffed shot.

2-2 is not a bad position to be in but we must buckle down at the back and in defensive midfield. I’d favour bringing on some better players after 60 mins if things don’t get any better early 2nd half. Only reservation is how many decent players we want to expose to risk of injury by these Legia thugees

Edited by briny_ear

Just weird all round, on the pitch and the decision to put Savage on commentary, there must be literally zero people on this planet that would want to hear him on a Villa match, not to mention they were spoliering everything by being 2 seconds ahead of the pictures.

Surely Unai will sort it out at half time, if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot again we should win this.

6 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

In my view we should have started stronger (at the back).  Got a lead and switched our "better" players off at 60. 

I think we might have to do it the other way round to win here. 

This could absolutely be the plan. Get Diaby and Watkins to play against a tired Legia and we're certainly out scoring them.

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I actually think Langlet's been our best defender. I'd sooner swap Konsa atm.

Hmm you might be right.  I didn't think either were particularly good though. I figured better to go back to a pairing that's been used before.

We trying to play that slow pass to draw them onto us and they've done their homework and aren't falling for it. So the Dignes and Chambers are pushing on and they're exploiting 1. Chambers lack of pace and 2. Dignes lack of defensive awareness with quick counters down the flanks. This is working for them as both have those flaws, plus they are getting no protection wide from Bailey and McGinn/ Zaniolo 

I’m not sure there is trust with such a different formation. Kamara has brought out the best in Luiz so maybe Tielemans has unsettled him? Would like to see Pau on, his passing range would help. Would like to see Luiz and Diaby too, I feel if we can add some solidity and up our tempo we can score another two.