January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

10 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Amusingly, I went to a Palace forum to see how mad/depressed they were and they all thought he was terrible and the main reason they lost (aside from refball) due to him losing the ball a lot. Eerily familiar.

He felt a constant threat but he should have won them the game when he was one on one near the end. 

Clearly a very talented player though that has stepped up since Zaha left. Probably not what we need right now as a priority but I definitely wouldn’t mind him. 

46 minutes ago, picicata said:

And then relocate ourselves to London if he still won't move out of the capital 

Within a 1 mile radius of where he lives. 

Eze wanted to stay in London. No club except Man City / Liverpool/ Manure outside of London were going to get him. 

14 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Amusingly, I went to a Palace forum to see how mad/depressed they were and they all thought he was terrible and the main reason they lost (aside from refball) due to him losing the ball a lot. Eerily familiar.

Yep saw the same. Guess there's moaners at every club forum

Yeah I've never really mentioned him because it just seems unrealistic for varying reasons but I'd love Eze, as good as so many of Villa's attacking players are he's a different type of player. Contract is up in 2025 mind so by the time next summer comes around who knows.

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ll need to part with about £75m to get him. 

Or £100m if you are Liverpool or Chelsea. We can do better with £75m imo. 

17 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Which positions do we think we still need to upgrade in? For me the potential signings would come in the following positions:

Back up GK - not saying we will, but it's a position that could be upgraded.

Right back - Cash is our only recognised right back and Konsa seems to be our alternative but this is a position that we might recruit for.

Defensive midfield - Kamara is great, but has days when he doesn't reach his normal high standards. Dendoncker is a fine deputy but this is another position where an alternative may be sought.

Left sided attacking midfielder - Buendia looked great here in preseason and Ramsey was awesome last season here but a new player, who offers something different may be something we go for. (Fingers crossed for Goncalves!)

Striker - Watkins and Duran are both doing great but a marquee signing in this position is a possibility, as has been rumoured in January.

I'm not saying these positions should be targeted for new players. The players we have are all great. But these seem the most likely positions to me where we might see signings.

Over the next two windows, I would agree other than, I think Ramsey and Buendia (when fit) will have that position covered.  

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would approach Brentford about Ivan Toney. 

Maybe try and get him on loan for the rest of the season and £50m fee yo make the move permanent at the end of the season?

If Watkins did happen to be sold, I think Toney would be an ideal replacement.

Guy is a piece of shit who tried his best to piss off Villa fans by doing the Zulu sign at Villa Park even though he has no connection

No thanks, hope we are done with signing clearings in the woods

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Guy is a piece of shit who tried his best to piss off Villa fans by doing the Zulu sign at Villa Park even though he has no connection

Imagine how awkward a " Would you bet against us " banter exchange would be between him and Villa fans? 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I posted similar in another thread but less polite. 

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didn't realise the Zulu thing.

I was willing to overlook his betting stupidity but I think you're right. He sounds a bit of a dick. Shame really as he knows how to find the net at this level.

That's that suggestion chalked off.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Didn't realise the Zulu thing.

I was willing to overlook his betting stupidity but I think you're right. He sounds a bit of a dick. Shame really as he knows how to find the net at this level.

That's that suggestion chalked off.

He has been filmed a couple of times shitting on Brentford as well. He is quite classless

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has been filmed a couple of times shitting on Brentford as well. He is quite classless

He'll manufacture a move away from Brentford and repay nothing of what they've had to do for him this season....