January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's wild that people think upgrading Olsen is so easy

Very true.

I think the way Unai has it planned would be that any additional keeper would also back up and would be fighting for 2nd spot with Olsen imo.

I think Olsen will get us through this season though and we will be okay.

But as Unai says, if anything ever happens in the market where we can improve, we will be ready to act.

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is leaving Nice as doesn't want to be 2nd choice

I think he would struggle to find that anywhere at the moment.  Maybe a move back to the Midlands could be attractive to him as his family must have had some pretty deep ties to the area.

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's wild that people think upgrading Olsen is so easy

Some of the suggestions have been ludicrous. Have heard people say Henderson, De Gea, Navas

Only short of making a cheeky bid for Neuer. At end of the day backup keeper for a non Champions League club you be lucky to get Joe Hart or Waybe Hennessey

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree @Demitri_C

IMHO, A warchest in the transfer market these days is doing what Chelsea have done. Looking at the shambles going on there, if that's what a warchest involves then **** that.

I prefer doing it the Villa way, where we know we have a sustainable approach to success...  not a scatter gun approach where your maniac owners buy players that your manager isn't even aware of - nor even asked for.

We know we have £££... why do we need to justify it to the world and be arseholes like Chelsea have gone about it.. or dope our way to success how Man City have.

I'll continue banking with NasWes and following the Unai Monchi way to success instead. So far so good.

Spot on. Give me this way over chelseas way any day of the week.

Even of it works for chelsea they bought success. We havent. So of any silver ware comes in qe can say we won it the right way

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he would struggle to find that anywhere at the moment.  Maybe a move back to the Midlands could be attractive to him as his family must have had some pretty deep ties to the area.

He has been linked with Celtic but that seems a lazy link with Rodgers there

I think is a chance a team will need a starting keeper in the coming weeks so its a decent risk to take. If Alisson, Pope or even Emi {hopefully not} gets a long term injury he would be capable just step in

Our squad is good but we are overly reliant on Watkins, which is dangerous.

Can we play with anyone else in that position when he’s having a poor game, or are we screwed until the next window?

So frustrating that we had to cancel our deal for Abraham because of his knee injury in the last game of last season.

Just our luck.

22 minutes ago, villan95 said:

But considering 2 key players are meant to be back this month we couldn't really sign players to replace them?

I get you , but upfront it's Watkins or nothing as Duran needs to be blend in and RB for me still a issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

I get you , but upfront it's Watkins or nothing as Duran needs to be blend in and RB for me still a issue.

Yeah the striker situation is a little concerning. I think Konsa is basically considered a capable RB now though.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Yeah the striker situation is a little concerning. I think Konsa is basically considered a capable RB now though.

To be honest I think Konsa we need him at CB with his experience big issue there as Torres and Carlos don’t have that experience.

5 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

To be honest I think Konsa we need him at CB with his experience big issue there as Torres and Carlos don’t have that experience.

Yeah possibly, however I think Konsa would be a RCB where Carlos is actually doing okay and seems well suited to PL football.

Carlos and Konsa could be a good shout though?

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If rumours are to be believed then Tammy Abraham was a top target this summer. His injury stopped any move, but perhaps it’s one we’ll look at in January if he’s fit? 

I agree and I think it’s why we didn’t sign another striker because Emery said a couple of times in the 2nd half of the season we wanted another striker and some on here trying to argue Zaniolo or Diaby were that it didn’t seem to be that from Emery imo.  I think the Tammy rumours might be true and Emery only buys players he wants and so he might be waiting until Jan for him.  Who knows! A lot will laugh at this, a lot will see some sense.  Just strange we didn’t buy another striker.