January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

On 05/09/2023 at 09:00, Villa Gaffa said:

We had a very good transfer window but it just feels like we needed one more attacker.

The selling of Archer, Ramsey and Philogene gave the impression we would use that money to bring in a premier league ready player but we didn't.

Now loaning out Coutinho gets his wages off our books too without a replacement.

There's no doubt that we have great owners and a great manager but you could be mistaken thinking that our spending might have just been tightened a little.

I guess the next couple of transfer windows will tell us !

I aggree - i also feel weve maybe taken too many players from Overseas, who could potentially take time to settle and could initially see us go backwards a little before we stride forwards again

I thought this summer, would have been good to go and get 3/4 players who would "hit the ground running" ........ not too dissimilar to Tielemans - ie we know hell setttle, not have to acclimatise and give a level of performance..........  players like Harvey Barnes, Laporte and to an extent, Ferran Torres or Guendouzi who we know can cope with the league............ 

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Thought he was going to SHA or something for a second then!

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

The Noses?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

**** sake anwar

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Can someone please explain to me what's going on with AEG? I can't find anything.

Sorry, the original or quoted tweet disappeared. Linked to Manure…

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Couldn't even get a game in a poor Everton side. Surely BS or Man Utd have a serious recruitment problem. 

I mean I don’t think he’s Man United quality but that whole Everton setup is dodgy politics/money-laundering IMO - I wouldn’t assume any decision there is football based 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, maqroll said:

Good for Anwar if true. They need players of good character there.

He's nowhere near good enough for them though so while I liked AEG here would be pretty hilarious if there was anything in that link.

Would've though Burnley would be a good fit getting in experienced prem player. If he was in London perhaps Fulham or Palace want him just to add squad depth.

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's nowhere near good enough for them though so while I liked AEG here would be pretty hilarious if there was anything in that link.

Would've though Burnley would be a good fit getting in experienced prem player. If he was in London perhaps Fulham or Palace want him just to add squad depth.

The United fans would be up in arms (more than they already are) if they signed Anwar. In a way, I'd feel better if he didn't go there, because he'd get abuse from them.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2023 at 19:26, villaglint said:

Such a shame we didn’t sign that Ballon Dor nominee on deadline day 😆

I just don’t see why everyone goes nuts for vini Jr. He's got bags of talent, but like neymar in all the times I've seen him he does not seem to fit into a team structure. He was bang average the last time I watched him.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I just don’t see why everyone goes nuts for vini Jr. He's got bags of talent, but like neymar in all the times I've seen him he does not seem to fit into a team structure. He was bang average the last time I watched him.

He has scored over 20 goals in both the last 2 seasons and has tore apart English teams more than once

• Like 1

El Ghazi to Man United????????????????????

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why is nobody laughing at this???  It's like that rich kid who thought he was better than everyone that we grew up with being forced to drive a used Ford Taurus/Mondeo because their trust fund imploded.  Man United are shambolic...

AEG is an elite penalty taker, but lower half Prem quality in everything else.  Shows how bad the situation is over there that they'd even consider signing him. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KMitch said:

El Ghazi to Man United????????????????????

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why is nobody laughing at this???  It's like that rich kid who thought he was better than everyone that we grew up with being forced to drive a used Ford Taurus/Mondeo because their trust fund imploded.  Man United are shambolic...

AEG is an elite penalty taker, but lower half Prem quality in everything else.  Shows how bad the situation is over there that they'd even consider signing him. 

Personally think he would do OK with decent players around him. Good squad player, free transfer, lowish wages. Might not be the ludicrous transfer people think. Would be nice to see him in the Prem again.

• Like 1