January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Frimpong should be our no 1 priority whether thats jan or summer. He looks fantastic 

Just signed a new contract with them unfortunately.

So even if he was moveable... it will be for an extortionate amount probably 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just signed a new contract with them unfortunately.

So even if he was moveable... it will be for an extortionate amount probably 

He is also not a right back but a right wing back so we would have to play 3 centre backs every game

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Need to go to Southampton and get Walker-Peters. He's terrified defenders in the PL and would be great cover for Matty Cash. 

Not a bad shout. Providing he has no long term injury problems I would prefer James Justin from Leicester. He can seemingly play anywhere across the back line and would suit playing as a FB, WB, or in a 3 for us

19 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Not a bad shout. Providing he has no long term injury problems I would prefer James Justin from Leicester. He can seemingly play anywhere across the back line and would suit playing as a FB, WB, or in a 3 for us

james Justin is quickly becoming Keinan Davis Mk.2.

Not sure that would be such a wise move.

7 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Need to go to Southampton and get Walker-Peters. He's terrified defenders in the PL and would be great cover for Matty Cash. 

He has his moments but few and far between in my opinion. He's very attack minded and posted very similar stats last season to Cash, they're only 4 months apart in age. If he came in I think Cash would go and I'd still feel we'd need to upgrade. 

Personally I think Cash is improving this season and I'd rather have him than try again with a similar player. We need a really good, solid dependable right back that almost plays like he's in a flat back 4, like a Ben Davies but on the opposite side or a much better version of Chambers in my opinion. 

With Neto's inconsistency and injury record I'd rather let someone else risk £50mil on him thank you. He looks like a world beater but so did Ben Arfa whenever Newcastle showed up at VP

• Like 1

Ricardo Periera from Leicester could be a good option. Leicester would probably sell him in Jan for about £10m as they still need the money. He would be a great option to rotate Cash with, as he is decent defensively but very good going forwards. 

I would also like Ait-Nouri on the left to replace Digne 

Other options at RB are Amar Dedic at Salzburg and Vanderson at Monaco. 

If we ship out Digne I’d like us to go for Maatsen at Chelsea. 

Someone to replace Chambers and Donk in January would be Geertruida at Feyenoord. Can cover RB/CB and Kamara at DM. 

I think we are gradually reaching the stage, where its hard to find players better, than what we have.....the pool is shrinking.

Our judgement has to be spot on, to ensure they are better than we already have.

and we have to be sure, we know what "better" means.

More Consistent......More Effective......More Aggresive.....More Pace.....More heading ability.....more intelligence.....more ball control.

what?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

On 08/10/2023 at 16:18, VillaChris said:

Yes he was looking quality for them towards the end of Nuno's time and then did his ACL and it took him a good year to get back into this sort of form.

Just had a look and he's been linked to Arsenal regularly so he'll probably end up signing for them.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/10/pedro-neto-great-start-to-season/

A kneecap injury followed by ankle ligament damage which were both impact injuries rather than any underlying problem. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we are gradually reaching the stage, where its hard to find players better, than what we have.....the pool is shrinking.

Our judgement has to be spot on, to ensure they are better than we already have.

and we have to be sure, we know what "better" means.

More Consistent......More Effective......More Aggresive.....More Pace.....More heading ability.....more intelligence.....more ball control.

?

It means three things - upgrading on fringe players (Chambers, Traore), inconsistant ones (Bailey)  and those that don't suite Emery's system (Digne).  Beyond that, it would require bringing in world class players - as the only players better than the likes of Watkins, McGinn, Konsa, etc. would have to be in that category.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Totally agree! Time to spend our money on potential. With potential to be better than our current cop of players. Players who have world class potential 

With the Leverkusen link over last couple of summers I wonder if we're actively looking at any more of their players as very often you see clubs establish secret partnerships if negotiations are smooth.

They have a decent chance of winning the Bundesliga this season so it's a squad with lots of talent.

Frimpong already been mentioned. Broken into the Dutch squad and has previous experience of playing for Celtic (when he'd have been about 5 times cheaper). Piero Hincapie seems to be a very highly rated CB with surprise surprise Chelsea being interested.

One I've always liked is Tapsoba. I watched a fair bit of Bundesliga when it restarted the quickest during lockdown and I thought his level then looked fantastic for someone who was only 21, not sure if he's kicked on since but quick 6ft 4 in CB and with the serious injury we have to be scouting around for someone to replace Mings now. Grimaldo would've been a decent pick up aswell for left back, Leverkusen signed him on a free from Benfica.

Victor Boniface has a ridiculous scoring start for them. Nigeria have incredible set of forwards currently so he'd be the slightly cheaper version of Oshimen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Piero Hincapie seems to be a very highly rated CB with surprise surprise Chelsea being interested.

Chelsea are interested in signing my grandad and he’s been dead 9 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2