January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

So I can't see much business done in Jan unless we get another serious injury. Or there is too good of a deal open to us.

However looking at the squad, even though I love Cash and want to keep him, I do believe we can improve on him. We also can't rely on Chambers!

At left back two 30 year olds, one on huge wages isn't the way forward. So a young talented quick left back should definitely be on the agenda.

I also wouldn't say no to another high calibre attacking player.

But all that is best left to the summer really.

Edited by Philosopher

Think will be a quiet window. Probably bring in an experienced right back probably from Spain as cover and maybe another Duran type signing

Doubt we will go big and will again be disappointed people on here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

So I can't see much business done in Jan unless we get another serious injury. Or there is too good of a deal open to us.

However looking at the squad, even though I love Cash and want to keep him, I do believe we can improve on him. We also can't rely on Chambers!

At left back two 30 year olds, one on huge wages isn't the way forward. So a young talented quick left back should definitely be on the agenda.

I also wouldn't say no to another high calibre attacking player.

But all that is best left to the summer really.

Whose the second left back on huge wages? Or is Digne's wage so incredulous that it counts as two players salaries?

17 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Definitely some sort of cover at RB for January. Cash getting called up for Poland is great for him, but just more minutes on our only RB.

I think we need cover for Kamara too( what we currently have is inadequate).....is Dani Cellebos this player, as the links don't seem to go away.

Edited by TRO

I’m not sure if we’ve had a renegotiation with Digne but his wage is now reading as reduced to 120k from 160k on Capology. 

Our wage bill is getting hefty though now (McGinn 120k, Martinez 120k,  Mings 100k, Pau 100k, Bailey 100k, Tielemans 150k, Carlos 100k. You’d imagine Konsa is now on about 80k, same as Cash and Watkins at least on par with McGinn, if not more. 

The positions where there is a huge drop off between first choice and second is 

Ramsey at Left wing or left mid 

Kamara at Dm 

Watkins at ST 

Cash at RB 

Olsen at GK 

I would be looking at LM and RB in January. Maybe Smith Rowe and Foyth..

Those positions are the most urgent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s a hell of a lot games between now and January. 

Not to mention potentially lots afterwards if we're still in the FA Cup and expecting we'll still be in the conference league.

Buendia and Mings season long injuries after the season started weren't covered (Zaniolo is not really anything like Buendia).

I'd be surprised if we didn't sign at least 2, even if it's 2 that are mostly potential signings.

McGinn, Luiz, Cash already showing signs of having played too much due to lack of rotation available in their positions.  That isn't going to get better.

30 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’m not sure if we’ve had a renegotiation with Digne but his wage is now reading as reduced to 120k from 160k on Capology. 

Our wage bill is getting hefty though now (McGinn 120k, Martinez 120k,  Mings 100k, Pau 100k, Bailey 100k, Tielemans 150k, Carlos 100k. You’d imagine Konsa is now on about 80k, same as Cash and Watkins at least on par with McGinn, if not more. 

A hefty wage bill goes with the territory though, and compared to the likes of the so called big six those wages are small fry. 

5 minutes ago, Eligius said:

A hefty wage bill goes with the territory though, and compared to the likes of the so called big six those wages are small fry. 

But the big 6 have shirt sponsors that dwarf all of our sponsors put together, and then they have tractor partners and tyre partners and bathroom partners that bring in more on top.

They also have champions league revenues.

We can't afford to match their salaries without also getting their income. 

I think we've offloaded a lot of deadwood, and made a lot of wiggle room through youth sales this season. Between that, and hopefully increased revenues from the conference league I sense we have room to afford a couple more at the higher salary tier. Especially when signing from overseas.

17 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Look at Leicester and Wolves to see what can happen because of FFP.  We need to increase revenue some how.  Getting players like Chambers and Dendonker off the books would help free up wages but who would want them and why would they leave for a pay cut ?

I suspect Traore will be released in the summer. Sorry @Tom13

Edited by Vive_La_Villa