January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Look at Leicester and Wolves to see what can happen because of FFP.  We need to increase revenue some how.  Getting players like Chambers and Dendonker off the books would help free up wages but who would want them and why would they leave for a pay cut ?

I suspect Traore will be released in the summer. Sorry @Tom13

Be shocked if he isn't tbf, sadly!

After watching Norway beat Cyprus, one 18 yo Norwegian caught my eye. It's not Haaland or Ødegaard, it's Antonio Nusa. Boy, is he going to become insanely good. Let's give Club Bruge an offer they can't refuse and ride happiuly into the sunset with this guy as a wing. 😻

I doubt we will be buying Philogene back before the end of the season, when we sold him we knew very well that he was a good player, capable of playing well in the Championship, and him doing well at U21 level for England will be no surprise to us, it's not like we will now be thinking 'oh no we didn't realize he was that good, we'd better buy him back as soon as possible' we knew very well how good he is that's why we put in buyback clause.

And have to remember it was Philogene's choice to leave in the first place to play football, so he's only going to be interested in coming back if we're going to give him game time, and to be worthy of that game time he's probably going to have to do well for Hull over a longer period of time.

What I would say to his credit is that there's some serious talent in that England U21 squad, Bynoe-Gittens, IIing-Junior, Mdueke, Palmer, Jonathan Rowe who'd been doing well in the Championship, we were actually linked to him yestderday, plus there's Aaron Ramsey and James McAtee, although I don't think Ramsey is fully fit, but there's a lot of competition for his position, so did well to get a start in the first place, he must have really impressed in training.

Of course England also being clever, as him playing last night whilst still under twenty-one, now means that he can play in the Euros when he's older than twenty-one, but stil they didn't have to start him for that, could have just brought him on for a few minutes.

I think JPB would be fine if given the amount of game time that Zaniolo has had so far, but it was obvious that we couldn't promise that much, nor let a junior player dictate what he wanted.

To be honest, we already know he can play well at U21 level. If he's ever to make it here, he needs to boss the championship this season and consistently offer end product. 

1 hour ago, alexvilla4 said:

If the Zaniolo rumours are true let's get rid in Jan and bring back Jadon Philogene. Great performance from him for England U21s last night 

We only have a buyback if in the same division

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think the Zaniolo loan is something we can get out of. I think he's our player now.

I thought we protected ourselves by it only being triggered after a certain number of games he had to play due to his knee injuries.  I guess we will see how much he plays while under investigation.  I'd be surprised if we could sign JPB back as soon as January anyway, we might have to go into the loan market or sign someone coming into the last 6 months of their contract if there are any decent ones.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely we sold JPB because he isn’t good enough. Why would we want to buy him back already ?

We sold him because he wanted first-team football and we weren't prepared to give him that yet - not because he wasn't necessarily good enough. 

11 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

After watching Norway beat Cyprus, one 18 yo Norwegian caught my eye. It's not Haaland or Ødegaard, it's Antonio Nusa. Boy, is he going to become insanely good. Let's give Club Bruge an offer they can't refuse and ride happiuly into the sunset with this guy as a wing. 😻

His valuation there is hilarious. 

He nearly went to Chelsea in the summer for €23m. 

Turned it down to play another year getting game time at Brugge.

Agree though,  he'd be a great pick up if we can get him for around that figure in Jan. Next summer his values going to be closer to 40m I suspect. Already 4 goal contributions in 6 games so far this season.

25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We sold him because he wanted first-team football and we weren't prepared to give him that yet - not because he wasn't necessarily good enough. 

Surely this is because he isn’t good enough? He might go on to be good enough but isn’t at this moment in time which is why the club were prepared to sell him. So why would they want him back in January ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely this is because he isn’t good enough? He might go on to be good enough but isn’t at this moment in time which is why the club were prepared to sell him. So why would they want him back in January ?

There's a big difference between 'isn't good enough' and 'isn't good enough yet' IMO. 

I don't think we'll try to bring him back in January. 

23 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's a big difference between 'isn't good enough' and 'isn't good enough yet' IMO. 

According to the Hull chairman the 15 million buy back is only if we are in the same division

55 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well the first is a known (reason for selling him) and the second is an unknown (reason for buyback).

I don’t think we’ll try to bring him back either.