Jack Harrison

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Depends what we decide to do upfront.

Injury to Ollie and we could well have to move Diaby central so then they'd be a vacancy on the right so much rather have a developing player for that position (who can offer more than Bailey which is a reasonably low bar).

I'd say McGinn is first choice on the right at the moment, then we have Bailey, Traore (will maybe leave) and Philogene as other options. Maybe Zaniolo soon too 🤞 So I'd say the right side is good.

Then on the left only Ramsey (when he's back), Coutinho and Philogene. So I'd say LM is a lot weaker depth wise. 

But striker has to be the main concern, Watkins and Diaby is a strong front 2 but after that it's Duran, Archer (not fancied?) Or either Bailey or McGinn going up there. Zaniolo coming in would add another good option though but still not a proven striker.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Haha, the hatred of Romano is hilarious :D

Maybe what he tweeted was right when he tweeted it, or that's what his contacts informed him?

I know. Like, who cares? Good for him for making a living in the football ecosystem. I take everything with a pinch of salt and just enjoy the spectacle of speculation twice a year.

• Like 1

On the plus side, it seems Unai Is threaders with Bailey after yesterday and looking for another option at left wing. Harrison on loan would’ve been decent cover, but if not him then hopefully we’ll get someone else in. 

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Harrison transfer please panheads

There's a media thread for those obsseseed with talking about Fabrizio Romano.

Okay, but there is no 'Harrison transfer' (for Villa at least) and the main reason anyone thought there was was a series of inaccurate tweets by Fabrizio Romano, so how easy is it to disentangle them really?

Can probably move this thread to Other Football though. 

I imagine this is a likely scenario:

1) On a short list of potential wingers who can play on the left side, we identify a list of names, including Harrison and make calls at different points to gauge interest and ensure we are abreast of changes (especially if we don't land main targets) and 2) we touch base with Leeds again to follow up on the injury situation only to be told he won't be back till September and we declined to take it further.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Loans for Harrison and zaniolo means we’re surely maxed out with FFP. How Chelsea are able to spend like they’ve done since Boehly arrived whilst we’re doing loan deals is definitely not financial fair play.

Not sure about that. Getting Zaniolo on loan would make sense if we’re not sure he can make it in the Prem, and Harrison on loan would also have made sense as a low risk option for more depth. Loans have their advantages.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Loans for Harrison and zaniolo means we’re surely maxed out with FFP. How Chelsea are able to spend like they’ve done since Boehly arrived whilst we’re doing loan deals is definitely not financial fair play.

Or it just leaves us room to spend more elsewhere. It doesn't really imply anything conclusively. If Roma have a sell on clause, then maybe this deal is better for Galatasaray. Maybe.

35 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Chelsea have a much higher revenue than us, they’ve also sold 300m worth of players the last two seasons, many of whom are academy products, so pure FFP profit.

• Like 1

I doubt we were ever actually really interested in Harrison, probably just Everton playing the media to make it look to their fans that they got one over us, try and make the signing look a bigger coup than it is.

As for Zaniolo, obviously there's an element of risk with that transfer, so makes sense to arrange a situation where we loan him first.

I'm sure if we want to spend on another signing we could, in fact I would be surprised if we didn't, Zaniolo just happens to be one player we're interested in where a loan makes more sense.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I doubt we were ever actually really interested in Harrison, probably just Everton playing the media to make it look to their fans that they got one over us, try and make the signing look a bigger coup than it is.

As for Zaniolo, obviously there's an element of risk with that transfer, so makes sense to arrange a situation where we loan him first.

I'm sure if we want to spend on another signing we could, in fact I would be surprised if we didn't, Zaniolo just happens to be one player we're interested in where a loan makes more sense.

Why would Everton get the media to run with a story that their new signing left the medical with them half way through to come to us instead - and that he only signed  with Everton because we were dissatisfied with his injury recovery schedule? 

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Haha 4

Â