Jack Harrison

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Hatred for journalism, and disparaging of traditional media, is one of the toxic legacies of the toxic 2010s. The Decade that delivered Trumpism, Brexit, 'alternative facts' and ultimately Russian disinformation super spread through social media.

Those are very different things, we are talking football transfers rumours and things are almost always mostly smoke and mirrors. They aren't even comparable, and suggesting that they are is really not on. Disinformation is a huge social issue and not remotely comparable to dunking on a football transfer journo for a big error they got wrong.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We almost certainly don't have the money for that. We still own Buendia; even if he can't play he still has to be paid and it will be at least 18 months now before he could be sold (no-one will be interested next summer until they've seen he has actually recovered). We need somebody for this season. It didn't have to be Harrison but I don't think the money is there to be 'signing a top-level player' for this role. 

I think if everyone was fit then probably both Coutinho and Traore would've been moved on near the end of the window, at least one will still probably go so that would free a decent chunk of wages.

When you consider Archer and Duran are our backup CFs currently I doubt our wage bill is anywhere near 7th in England for attacking options.

Look at West Ham having Ings and Max Cornet on the bench yesterday, that was 14th best team last year.

We'll obviously use the loan market a bit now so interested who the targets will be.

Just now, Farlz said:

Fabrizio claimed the deal was done and then backtracked and came out with we didn't know he was injured. That is nonsense. He just tries to get the very first scoop and then looks like a clown. 

Nothing to do with hatred, not from me anyway, I respect his hustle, he's built up a huge following so fair enough but he looks like a fool here. 

Exactly! I don't hate Romano either. Far from it. I just call out the nonsense. I love journalism and it's a critical part of a healthy society, calling out these moments is really rather light-hearted fun and just proving that there's a lot of nonsense out there too.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Am I alone in being underwhelmed by the links to Harrison? I get we haven't a bottomless pit of cash but I'm not convinced by him.

He has no business playing for a team targetting top 8 in the PL.

Everton is his level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

He has no business playing for a team targetting top 8 in the PL.

They're not all going to be beauty queens. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Aaron Ramsey can play out wide but let's do a random loan instead. He has a decent scoring record, but it feels like someone we don't massively need either.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

So who’s playing out left until he's fit?

:D 

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think if everyone was fit then probably both Coutinho and Traore would've been moved on near the end of the window, at least one will still probably go so that would free a decent chunk of wages.

When you consider Archer and Duran are our backup CFs currently I doubt our wage bill is anywhere near 7th in England for attacking options.

Look at West Ham having Ings and Max Cornet on the bench yesterday, that was 14th best team last year.

We'll obviously use the loan market a bit now so interested who the targets will be.

I'm sure we'll gladly sell either or both of Coutinho or Traore if we get a bid; I'm much less confident we'll get any real interest in either, and I certainly don't think we'll get the type of transfer fee that would make a meaningful difference to our finances for incomings. Traore probably isn't even on wages that make that much difference either, though I agree getting Coutinho out the door would be very good for the wage bill. 

I know the reaction of everyone on here is to laugh, scoff or barf every time the name 'Gregg Evans' comes up, but he's been quite consistent in pointing out our FFP position is not great, which is not a surprise when we've only sold Grealish for any meaningful amount of money since we got promoted. He said we 'might need to sell one', everyone guffawed, and then the news was that we were trying to sell Ramsey to Burnley and open to selling Archer to whoever. We can probably afford to buy someone for a fairly small fee and/or low wages but I'm very confident we've done all the big, high-profile signings we can, unless they're on loan. 

Inconceivable to me that we'd have scouted and researched Harrison (or any player) without knowing he's injured until the end of September. It certainly wouldn't have developed like that in literally one hour

He was probably on the list Emery mentioned the other day but at the bottom end of it because of his injury, which suggests that maybe we've got someone else sorted so have pulled the plug on this?

Either way, I think 2 wide attackers + JPB emergence = unwanted Bailey

Solid PL level winger. Not going to blow your socks off but the kind of guy that will give 100% every week and knock on a few goal making performances. On loan when we need options, no brainer.

17 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Hatred for journalism, and disparaging of traditional media, is one of the toxic legacies of the toxic 2010s. The Decade that delivered Trumpism, Brexit, 'alternative facts' and ultimately Russian disinformation super spread through social media.

Of course, the actual behaviour of traditional journalists and media outlets couldn’t possibly have contributed to all that hatred.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strog said:

I’ve been out for the afternoon. Seems we signed him under Evertons nose but he’s still going to Everton. Wtf is going on 🤷‍♂️

1) Everton ITK claims we hijacked the deal

2) Fabrizio Romano runs with the story and tweets 4/5 times within an hour which includes him claiming the deal is done, Unai spoke with Jack on the phone before backtracking as we 'didn't know about his injury' despite it being in the news for weeks.

3) David Ornstein confirmed we had interest but nothing more as he was always going to Everton

Edited by The_Steve
  • Thanks 1

Â