Jack Harrison

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Quite like Harrison.

Shows the state of our business when he'd be an improvement for us.

He wouldn't be.  That's why we aren't signing him.  He'd be behind both Ramsey and Buendia when they are fit.  As a season long loan he would have provided cover - along with Coutinho.  But he was never going to be signed to improve our preferred starting eleven.  With a fit Buendia and Ramsey he wouldn't even get into the match day squad.  Complaining that our business is poor because he'd be our third or fourth pick in that position is just weird.

Harrison wouldn't even be a guaranteed starter at Leeds as it stands, if all their players are fit, Gnonto, Summerville, and Sinisterra, are all either better than him or have much bigger potential.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Loans for Harrison and zaniolo means we’re surely maxed out with FFP. How Chelsea are able to spend like they’ve done since Boehly arrived whilst we’re doing loan deals is definitely not financial fair play.

Harrison would be third or fourth choice in the position he plays IF everyone was fit.  Spending £20m on him when he'd be behind Ramsey, Emi and possibly Coutinho would be crazy.  A season long loan makes sense - it would also have meant we could check on how well Emi recovers before deciding whether or not to sign someone else in that position.  I wouldn't be surprised if we do bring in someone on loan in that position anyway - unless we sign someone who can offer options across one or two other roles (i.e. a LW who could play as a 10).

Zaniolo on loan is also a smart move as we can (hopefully) assess him over a full season and decide whether it's worth signing permanently.  There's an element of risk to signing him and so we're trying to cover both bases.

Irrespective of FFP - they seem like sensible approaches rather than anything more sinister.

• Like 2

Doesn’t sound like this is happening but I’m surprised by the negative reaction. He’s a good player. he’s better than Bailey for a start. 

He tore us a new arsehole at Elland road not so long ago

• Like 4

I seriously doubt that the club didn't know about his injury it wasn't some unknown thing, it was public knowledge, I posted about it on here a few weeks back and how Leeds fans were hoping no clubs would bid for him because of said injury, not only that but he hasn't been involved in last three Leeds games because of injury, if we were trying to sign a player, I think we would have noticed that they missed the last three games.

According to what El Bobble said on Twitter Spaces, Villa obviously knew that he was injured but late on had reason to believe (no idea how) that it was worse than anticipated/publicised (2-3 months out), and it was at that point we backed away.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bailey, Traore, Coutinho.

£60m in fees and over £55m in wages.

Appalling. Excessive. Careless.

They were under different regimes. One was even an ego trip signing

7 hours ago, Farlz said:

Fabrizio claimed the deal was done and then backtracked and came out with we didn't know he was injured. That is nonsense. He just tries to get the very first scoop and then looks like a clown. 

Nothing to do with hatred, not from me anyway. I respect his hustle, he's built up a huge following so fair enough but he looks like a fool here. 

The guy is a clown and is in the pocket of certain clubs trying to create a moment

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bailey, Traore, Coutinho.

£60m in fees and over £55m in wages.

Appalling. Excessive. Careless.

To be fair I'd say at the time I didn't think that about any of them. 

Bailey looked a quality player and if he didn't have a foot like mjolnir for that goal on his debut injuring himself, he could have really kicked on. He never quite seemed fit under Dean Smith and then the two subsequent managers don't play formations that suit his strengths. 

Traore was a good signing for where we were I think. He still looks a good player to me. Scored goals to get us into Europe after he was thrown out of training months before and shipped off to Turkey. Can't question his professionalism and what he's contributed. 

Coutinho in hindsight fully agree but at the time I thought he'd done enough in the 4/5 months we had him to get a permanent deal done, and then we got him at cut price with massively reduced wages from his Barca days so it all looked like great business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Everton official account confirmed it 13 mins ago. 

But yeah, "hours". 

Read it was done deal hours ago. Official statement lagging behind. Romano must be getting close to black listed

• Haha 1

Â