blunther

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

We normally (recently) match up pretty well against Everton so hoping we can get our first points on the board.

My one real concern is who is going to step up and be the leader in defence without Mings. When the crosses come in and the corners come in who is going to be that main person who heads it out as Mings seemed to be that man.

UTV!

Dibu will make his voice heard today 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Thanks. Nailed on to score now. 

Yeah, I was going to post something about DCL in response to that then thought the better of tempting fate. 

Needs to be one of these 2 defences today:

Torres - Carlos - Konsa  - Cash
Digne - Torres - Carlos - Konsa

Emery got it wrong last week imo moving away from what we used basically all through pre season with the 3 CBs so I hope it returns today. Would prefer the 2nd one but either would be better than trying to have Cash play as a 3rd CB.

We've done well against Everton since our promotion, should have more than enough to win today and get this season going. 

32 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Needs to be one of these 2 defences today:

Torres - Carlos - Konsa  - Cash
Digne - Torres - Carlos - Konsa

Emery got it wrong last week imo moving away from what we used basically all through pre season with the 3 CBs so I hope it returns today. Would prefer the 2nd one but either would be better than trying to have Cash play as a 3rd CB.

We've done well against Everton since our promotion, should have more than enough to win today and get this season going. 

Cash RB and Torrres LB, that would be awful. 

Would go with the second option. 

Just shows we do need to bring in another head into the defence now with the colossal loss of Mings. 

• Like 1

7 matches unbeaten at home, this would be 8 if we don’t lose.

Everton haven’t beaten us the last 8 times we’ve played. 

Ashley Young playing for Everton after having left Villa. 

I think we all know how the story unfolds today! 🥴

• Like 1

Haven't been this nervous about a game in ages. For me it feels like an opportunity to show that last week was a blip and we're really on the right track.

I know Emery has done an amazing job, the squad is better than it's looked for years etc, but there's nothing like a good performance and a win to prove it.