blunther

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think this is going to be a lot tougher game....than many of us think.

Every game is tough, but we really should be winning this fixture at home. Our squad is better than theirs and we have more than enough to win. There are no guarantees in football though...

Edited by osmark86

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

You don't want Revan or Pau at LB, but happy enough with Digne who we've been trying to sell all week and has pretty much been told he's not wanted.  4/10 performance incoming. 

Digne was decent in the run in and I thought bar being sleepy for first goal and not realising Tonali was about to score he did o.k rest of match compared to others.

Yes he's leaving soon but I'd like to think he could put in a professional display especially v Everton who he knows very well.

Plenty of teams start players during a January window when they know they're leaving. For example we had Ings playing v Leeds and he probably knew he was going and then he signed for West Ham 2-3 days later.

I'd much rather bring Revan on by giving him 5-10 minute cameos rather than just randomly starting him in matches. And I want Pau in centre as much as possible to try to fill the Mings void.

Seems from such a tranquil period for us since February we're suddenly being flung endless issues now with injuries and selections issues so really we just need to win this game by any means possible and that should settle nerves and make us look forward to the european ties. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

we need to start fast really, a dyche team will bog us down and then we will be playing to their tune....we had great home form at the back end of last season so lets hope we continue winning

Yep Brighton and Spurs we both scored in first 10 minutes and settled nicely from that. Think the Fulham goal was about 20 minutes in. Newcastle demolition Ramsey also scored pretty early IIRC.

Home games always become easier to win if you go 1-0 up in the first 10-15 minutes and since Emery's come in we do have a very good record of fast starts at VP in most of our games so hopefully that dosen't evaporate as we need to be winning 10 minimum if we want to be seriously in contention for top 6 and Everton really is one of those expected wins these days given they finish bottom 6 usually. 

• Like 2

Obviously, we don't actually 'have to win'  this next game by any realistic metric in relation to our ambitions, but mentally and emotionally, it does feel like we're not a million miles from that being true.

Yes, Unai can, should and almost certainly will make a success of this season (we certainly all want that), but we have already experienced some piss in our cornflakes in the run up.

How much more piss before a rewrite of our expectations is necessary? It's a rhetorical, not wholly serious question, but we all know another loss and the mood will be dire, optimism squashed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Emi

Konsa Carlos Torres Digne 

McGinn Luiz Kamara Coutinho

Diaby Watkins

I don’t think Phil has the energy, stamina or speed to play on the wing…

The best place for him seems to be in support of the striker… until he’s moved on or replaced by a more effective player…

I would like to see what Moussa can do in a “marauding” kind of role… use his pace and trickery to scare the opposition… while we keep the core of midfield strong and composed on the ball…

• Like 2

I bet there will be a mad scramble to get in around KO. Just imagine if Women's final went to extra time? Wd it be even finished by 2.00? Cd they delay KO by 30 mins? Guess not cos West Ham game starts at 4.30 on Sky.