blunther

I think we need to ring the changes after that farce, as much as we can anyway. 

Martinez

Cash Carlos Torres Digne

Luiz Tielemans

Diaby Coutinho Philogene

Watkins

Squad already feels thin now when you try and make a bunch of changes with the injuries we've got. Any optimism about a successful league campaign alongside a shit at Europe feels long gone. 

• Haha 1

Saw "cup final" and thought all was right in the world again with @TheAuthority doing what he does best but alas....

Watched a bit of Everton today and they're just the same as last season and the season before e.g. not very good with no real belief they can score. And Michael Keane starting still.

Even with the injuries I think we'll be reasonably comfortable 3-1 winners which will get everyone overexcited until Burnley beat us...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, blunther said:

Martinez

Cash Carlos Torres Digne

Luiz Tielemans

Diaby Coutinho Philogene

Watkins

Squad already feels thin now when you try and make a bunch of changes with the injuries we've got. Any optimism about a successful league campaign alongside a shit at Europe feels long gone. 

No need to take McGinn or Kamara out just on one game imo, Cash is far more at risk as you could get away with Chambers starting at RB for this.

Could be one for JPB to get a first taste of prem football as they'll sit back so we'll have plenty of possession.

• Like 2

I think Kamara is a lucky boy, he had a horrible game, but Tielemans was if anything worse.

I'd go:

------------------------------Martinez-------------------------------

Cash---------Diego Carlos---------Pau--------------Digne

-------------------Kamara-------------Luiz------------------------

--------------McGinn------------------Coutinho----------------

-----------------------Diaby--------Watkins----------------------

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think Kamara is a lucky boy, he had a horrible game, but Tielemans was if anything worse.

I'd go:

Everton played all of Gana, Garner, Onana and Doucoure today and can't see much changing for next week so not sure where a Coutinho type is going to find space to play 1-2s around the box.

Think a natural wide player is a better fit and given Bailey can't possibly start after serving that first half today JPB for an hour to see how he gets on is an interesting shout I think.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Martinez

Cash Carlos Torres Digne

Luiz Tielemans

Diaby Coutinho Philogene

Watkins

Frankensquad - literally giving me 2016 vibes 

Edited by Callum

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd go:

Yeah think I'd go pretty much the same. Would drop Cash ideally but I'm not sure Konsa there is the answer especially in a game we'll need to break the opposition down.

I’d go

Martinez

Konsa* Carlos Pau Digne

Kamara** Luiz

mcginn                      Coutinho

Diaby   Watkins

*main reason for shifting konsa to RB is to bring Carlos in for extra height against a dyche side

**similar to the above, I’d keep kamara in for his height against Everton but otherwise his position should be seriously under threat now with tielemans 

Thought we should do this side against Newcastle and not much has changed about my process here. The only thing is that Bailey is better at home but we will have most of the ball and are in desperate need of 1v1 winners on the outside. 

Martinez

Cash Konsa Carlos Pau

McGinn Kamara Luiz Philogene

Diaby Watkins

In possession, let Cash and Philogene attack out wide. If we get ahead, we shift Pau to the middle and Digne on and go more defensive and take out Philogene. 

Martinez

Konsa Carlos Pau

Kamara Luiz

Cash Mcginn Diaby Philogene

Watkins

Edited by DJBOB

3 at the back for this one with no Mings. Think that's how we need to play until Pau is more settled in. 

Martinez 

Konsa Carlos Pau

Bailey Kamara Luiz Mcginn Philogene

Watkins Diaby

Maybe. Anything less than a win now would be a disaster and really get the anxieties flowing. Confidence is shattered.

I think our worst performance of the season is done and dusted.

I'd going 4-4-2 for this one R to L

Martinez

Cash

Konsa

Torres

Digne

McGinn

Kamara

Luiz

Tielemens

Diaby

Watkins

McGinn and Tielemens will be very narrow, almost making it a 4-2-2-2.

Edited by Liono

Tough week ahead for Emery and the players, as whatever news awaits us all re Tyrone, he’ll be missing as well as Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno. Four big players for us, who were all well drilled with our tactics, work ethic etc. Big big void to fill.

At least as a slight positive, we may bring in a player or two this coming week and we’re playing an opponent who aren’t exactly confident right now. Dendoncker could return to training and the bench as well perhaps?

I would go with something different in formation, as long as the players are confident with it? Carlos with his strength, experience and leadership qualities are now required I reckon? Cash and Digne would benefit from less defensive duties and could push up the flanks to support our offensive play:

Martinez

Konsa        Carlos       Pau

Cash                                         Digne

Kamara       Luiz                    

McGinn  

Diaby               Watkins 

Subs:  Olsen, Revan, Chambers, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Philogene, Coutinho, Bailey, Archer. 

I’m going with a 2-1 win here.  UTV

Edit - the more I look at the team above the more I dislike it. It just lacks creativity. Perhaps McGinn can play in the Kamara role for this one and Coutinho in the hole?

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1