blunther

They need to really have a huge response to last week. I’m all for forgetting it and moving on, but we need to turn it in to a positive by answering those questions where we were found lacking last week. Our midfield need to show so much energy and resilience today. 

VP will be packed and bouncing, an early goal would just be perfect!

Bailey better do something today, my patience with him ran out about 6 months ago but he keeps getting given chance after chance. 

Need to get Ollie & Diaby firing and we will beat these. They will do their usual of playing for set pieces, we need to not give away too many silly fouls in our own half. 

This is part of Unai 'managing' the players imo. 

If he rips up the line up and makes a raft of changes, the targeted players would lose confidence and from the outside it would look like he was abandoning his initial plan...after one game. 

We know these players can produce results, especially at home, and there will have been some serious work on the training pitches this week to correct what went wrong at St James'. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Digne cash and Bailey....i worry thay is playing into dyches hands. 

Where is the aerial presence at the back?

I get peoples " worry ".

However let's not forget, this is the same group of players who had us in Champions League form in the latter part of last season.

Digne is competent and Cash is capable of a stormer and game winning contributions as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He did this before Villa. The assistant coach explained why but I can't remember why

Because if you use 5 subs for outfield players you probably still aren't using your 8th man on the bench. But if you need 2 keeper subs due to injury or red card you need 2 keeper subs. 

• Like 1