blunther

No chance we're completely changing formations or dropping the defensive line deeper. They are the foundations of what Unai is trying to build. Just like with the short goal kicks drawing the press, even when it went wrong a few times we didn't abandon it, we kept working on it.

Anyway 4-0 Villa

It would be a disaster if we lose this one. Everton must be one of the favourites to go down, they just aren’t Premier League standard.

Hope Emery gets us playing again, even if we are missing key players, 3-0

Martinez

Cash...... Konsa...... Torres....... Digne

JPG.... Kamara.... Luiz..... McGinn 

Diaby...... Watkins 

Most of that lot owe us, I think (hope) they will up for it and we will get a win (and a good performance).

I don't see wholesale changes, Mings injury a sickener, but chance for Pau to show his class. 

Coutinho / Tielemans on the hour if we need a spark from elsewhere.

3-1 Villa!.

Very confident for this first home game. We know Unai will not accept the manner of the Newcastle defeat and will have the players ready to bring home 3 points. With Emi and Ty in mind everyone will want to get that win for them and the fans. LFG!

The two long term injuries have already weakened us significantly. For that reason I think Unai might push Pau to left back and have a makeshift three centre backs. 

Emi

Cash Konsa Carlos Pau

The big decisions are in midfield. I don’t think any of SJM, Luiz, Kamara or Youri played well and any of them could be dropped. 

I think I’d go with 

Luiz Kamara Youri 

And push SJM up front with Ollie and Diaby. We can’t continue to carry Bailey. 

15 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

The two long term injuries have already weakened us significantly. For that reason I think Unai might push Pau to left back and have a makeshift three centre backs. 

Emi

Cash Konsa Carlos Pau

The big decisions are in midfield. I don’t think any of SJM, Luiz, Kamara or Youri played well and any of them could be dropped. 

I think I’d go with 

Luiz Kamara Youri 

And push SJM up front with Ollie and Diaby. We can’t continue to carry Bailey. 

Why on earth would emery play pau at left back when mings is now injured? If mings was playing then i would get it. But no chance is torres playing left back. He will play where mings does

Probably the best game we could have had after the Newcastle debacle. I wouldn't make any changes apart from the enforced one. Players have something to prove. We were so far below our proper level saturday. I don't think we will see thst Sunday 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why on earth would emery play pau at left back when mings is now injured? If mings was playing then i would get it. But no chance is torres playing left back. He will play where mings does

I don’t think we can go with the same two full backs who were run ragged by Newcastle. We need Carlos’ presence at the back so unless we shift Konsa to RB and play Digne I don’t see how else we can set up. If we play Cash and Digne plus two of Konsa, Carlos or Pau Everton will destroy us in the air. 

Our entire team is so lacking in height I think this could be a tricky game against Dyche set up. 

54 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Everton can't buy a goal at the minute, we should win this easily.

We should win yes; but it will be anything but easy.

A lot of people were tipping Villa this season to be a side not many teams will want to play; but if they’d looked closer from the opposition’s perspective, playing this Villa team now is the perfect timing with all of Moreno, Ramsey, Buendia and now Mings out. Massively weakened and scrambling to patch ourselves up infront of an expectant Villa Park is recipe for disaster so I think all of the above will play a part. A backline that wont have played together before could always give us problems, there’s a lot for us to iron out.

But, if, as we should, get on the ball at home and implement our style then we should be fine. Manager’s always have conundrums to solve when unexpected problems arise; the best in the business move parts, change styles and enjoy the challenge posed. I believe Emery is one of those managers; he proved that last year when we lost Kamara and went on the best run of the season. Refreshing to know how hard he’ll be working like he does every week and he’ll be expecting results and lessons learned before this Sunday. From himself included, he knows he got that side badly wrong at SJP.

Anyway, these games at home im really looking at Dougie and McGinn to stand up like they have been since Emery came in. Close game for me, really hard fought 2-1 win; Watkins, Diaby

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

I think we’ll win, and Villa Park will be rocking for Tyrone and Emi and the others. Once 3 points are on the board I’m sure we’ll all feel much more settled. Saturday was a freak result really, not so much the loss as I don’t think we deserved to win, but the manner of the loss and the score line. 
We’ll beat Everton.

• Like 4

__________________Emi__________________

________Carlos___________Pau___________

__Cash__________Kamara___________Digne

________________Dougie__________________

______Diaby_____McGinn_______JPB_______

__________________Ollie________________

Edited by Marka Ragnos