Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Takes a surprising amount of players a good season or so to really settle in the country/league. Think that should be a reason to avoid loaning an unproven player in this league for a season only, he'd be better next season and we won't get to see it.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

👀 

I love this Unai quote: " ... I want good attitude you are showing now."

Tells you a lot about Zanny. He's a character, for sure, and he's extremely ambitious, and still growing up, too. No good coach is going to use that kind of positive reinforcement if there wasn't an underlying tendency towards an unhelpful attitude, but I think in the end, Zanniolo is going to find his place at Villa. He seems like the kind of player who takes it hard when he doesn't do as well as he'd hoped and gets a dark attitude when that happens. He's got to learn to bounce back. Look at all the other players at Villa who have done just that, sometimes several times? He's obviously a very intelligent player, too, perhaps a bit underrated in that area.

I feel like in this English interview from three months ago after Sheffield you get a clear sense of his canniness and self-awareness:

Edited by Marka Ragnos

10 hours ago, tinker said:

He will go back to Italy, sounds like we was just a move to get him out of Turkey and keep him away from the media scrum around the gambling problems,  once its settled down (next season) my guess he gets a permanent move to Italy.

Even emery mentioned possibility of going back to Italy in the summer (rather then galatasaray). I doubt he will stay with us even if he has a good end to the season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Even emery mentioned possibility of going back to Italy in the summer (rather then galatasaray). I doubt he will stay with us even if he has a good end to the season.

He also mentioned the possibility of him staying at Villa, so you can’t tell anything from that quote 

• Like 1

Jumping away from the wall won't do him any favours.

Amateur goal to concede, all he had to do was not be an idiot and they wouldn't have scored. Tough to recover respect from the fans after that 

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Pussying out of that wall is a nail in the coffin here surely. A shame as he has started to look much more useful recently, but that was unforgivable.

Whilst he didn't cover himself in glory, I think you gotta look at Olson - He looked surprised they'd even had a shot from there. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Whilst he didn't cover himself in glory, I think you gotta look at Olson - He looked surprised they'd even had a shot from there. 

Olsen did absolutely nothing wrong

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

No. He looked surprised the ball came through the wall.

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't think we should sign him anyway, but one error doesn't rub out a decent first half from him.

Yeah, I thought he played well bar the wall incident.

• Like 1

At this point, just a rehearsal for his next club.

Hope he grabs one more important goal.

We've had a lot worse loans and a lot worse permanent signings than Zaniolo so hope he doesn't get too much grief at the end of the day.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

At this point, just a rehearsal for his next club.

Hope he grabs one more important goal.

We've had a lot worse loans and a lot worse permanent signings than Zaniolo so hope he doesn't get too much grief at the end of the day.

He’s been a poor signing, fans used to moan about El Ghazi and Trezeguet not being good enough. They were miles better than this bloke. I would imagine outside of Coutinho he is the most expensive loan signing we’ve ever made. 

Edited by WHY

Started the game really well. Obviously to blame for their 2nd goal but ran out of steam in 2nd half. Think hes better as an impact sub. 

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Did alright tonight, apart from the obvious goal from the wall, hopefully starts sat against Brentford 

With McGinn back who are you starting him ahead of? 

Edited by WHY

Â