Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes you'd think he'd be bit stronger on the ball given his physique 

I thought Ollie lacked Nous, in how to counter his centre back constantly out muscling him too....they need to move around more off the ball....they are terribly static.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I thought Ollie lacked Nous, in how to counter his centre back constantly out muscling him too....they need to move around more off the ball....they are terribly static.

Thought Kamara and Luiz were outmuscled too. Forest certainly did their home work 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No he isn’t 

Signed his 1st professional contract with us in 2018 as a kid and was bought in through all youth setup so just because he doesnt support the villa dont make him one of our own. He is more one of ours than zaniolo was

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

0 goals and 0 assist in 9 games

Shocking numbers for an attacking player.

In a team that's full of goals too

We average 2.4 goals a game in the PL, not sure what it is with or without him and how that plays out, do we score more with him?

I hope Monchi has been working on a more effective replacement for the January window. Zaniolo seemed a bit of a last minute "better than nothing" acquisition at the time.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

In a team that's full of goals too

We average 2.4 goals a game in the PL, not sure what it is with or without him and how that plays out, do we score more with him?

Caveats - looked at this very quickly and relying on Transfermarkt being accurate.

Opposition - Villa goals - number of minutes Zaniolo played -Villa goals when Zaniolo is on the  pitch

Newcastle  1 didn’t play

Everton 4 didn’t play

Burnley 3 played 17 minutes 0 goals

Liverpool 0 played 25 minutes 0 goals

Palace 3 played 57 minutes 0 goals

Chelsea 1 played 75 minutes 1 goal

Brighton 6 played 57 minutes 3 goals

Wolves 1 played 28 minutes 0 goals

West Ham 4 played 76 minutes 3 goals

Luton 3 played 45 minutes 1 goal

Forest 0 played 45 minutes 0 goals

26 goals in total

11 games so 990 minutes 

The overall average scoring rate is a goal every 38 minutes.

Zaniolo has been on the pitch for 425 minutes, Villa score 8. A goal every 53 minutes.

Zaniolo not on the pitch for 565 minutes, Villa score 18. A goal every 31 minutes.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not for me, constantly makes wrong decisions when in possession, not shooting when he should, or shooting when he should pass. Flatterrs to deceive. So many times he does the hard bit and then overdoes the easy bit ending up losing possession when he could have made an assist or at least passed to someone. 

Very expensive with the ball and not productive whatsoever.

Whether he'll come good eventually who knows but it simply ain't happening for the guy at the moment.

People say Traore has poor decision making, when in fact it's the opposite when it comes to the crucial moments, hence his very positive numbers everywhere he's played. Zaniolo has to improve massively in this area.

That chance that Diaby put him in for today, you just can't afford to take a bad touch there. Has to be touched in front of him and bang we're level.

I feel like he just needs a bit of luck and he will start to show the potential that he has already shown in glimpses

his confidence is shot to pieces, getting hauled off at half time and missing chance after chance,  he could have had some world class goals by now, if Unai can get that back I think we will start to see why we brought him here, it's whether or not the bad luck and form will kill his chances

i'm sure the gambling stuff hasn't helped.

we need more options up front, need Ramsey and Moreno back and Duran.

Â