Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Do we think this lad could play in a midfield pair with JJ? They seem quite similar in terms of their game being based on picking the ball up a bit deeper and making direct driving runs then shooting from around the box. 

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

Do we think this lad could play in a midfield pair with JJ? They seem quite similar in terms of their game being based on picking the ball up a bit deeper and making direct driving runs then shooting from around the box. 

There's a lot more to his game that that. He can do what you desribe from either flank or from the 10 position but he's more than that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Are we confident he’ll pass his medical with no issues? 🤞

The thing is, Everton have signed Harrison when he's still out for a month or so.

We signed Downing with a broken foot if I remember correctly, so I assume they are still put through as many paces as possible. 

I don't know how they grade a pass/fail but would like to think our medical staff will spot anything overly concerning. 

Just now, Wezbid said:

The thing is, Everton have signed Harrison when he's still out for a month or so.

We signed Downing with a broken foot if I remember correctly, so I assume they are still put through as many paces as possible. 

I don't know how they grade a pass/fail but would like to think our medical staff will spot anything overly concerning. 

Yeah, as long as no underlying or serious (long term) problems/issues are identified…

Always the main concern with any player/signing really…

but especially those who have suffered major injuries in the past. The last thing anyone wants is the risk of a reoccurrence,

I have no knowledge of such things…

Feeling very positive about this signing regardless… I think Unai could unlock a real star here…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, as long as no underlying or serious (long term) problems/issues are identified…

Always the main concern with any player/signing really…

but especially those who have suffered major injuries in the past. The last thing anyone wants is the risk of a reoccurrence,

I have no knowledge of such things…

Feeling very positive about this signing regardless… I think Unai could unlock a real star here…

Yeah, and of course, sometimes you just can't tell if/when something can hit again. 

Mings looked a huge fee given his serious injuries but then went on barely miss a game for us. It just adds to why the loan makes sense. He gets to prove himself or if the injuries strike then we haven't fully lost out. 

It's a gamble but we've given ourselves better odds and if it comes good, we've potentially got a CL level footballer for a fee of that of a top end Championship signing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The more clips I see of Zaniolo the more I'm convinced that this guy would make a great centre forward. 

His playing style reminds me of Fernando torres. Please be as good a sthe liverpool one was!

8 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Nah I saw the medical report, it was a missing spine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure if this guys is real or not, I am assuming not, and it’s hardly a surprise that this is happening. I didn’t realise he had a little injury. 

there's a private flight due into BHX from istanbul at 12.16 today. there's been no others into BHX in the last 24 hours. i cannot believe the one due today isn't zaniolo...too much of a coincidence

so basically i'm saying that AV_transfers1 is full of shit

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I think it's often misunderstood by fans what medicals are.

You don't fail a medical by having an injury. It's not like the medical team missed Downing's broken foot. Same with Harrison, Everton know he's injured, the medical isn't about whether he's injured.

Medicals are to find underlying issues that aren't known about. If Harrison's injury was what they expected to be and their prognosis was the same then he can still pass a medical. If it turned out he actually had further ligament damage and could be out for 6 months then he'd fail.

So with Zaniolo I would guess the medical will be about assessing the injuries/recoveries they know about and ensure there's nothing unexpected If there isn't, then he passes.

If medicals were failed by players having injuries then hardly anyone would pass them. Players are almost always carrying some sort of injury

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there's a private flight due into BHX from istanbul at 12.16 today. there's been no others into BHX in the last 24 hours. i cannot believe the one due today isn't zaniolo...too much of a coincidence

so basically i'm saying that AV_transfers1 is full of shit

Zaniolo was upposed to be on the 12:16 private jet today flying into BHX?

It makes no sense him being at BMH at 8am!

As you say @tomav84, sounds like someone is telling porkies.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's often misunderstood by fans what medicals are.

You don't fail a medical by having an injury. It's not like the medical team missed Downing's broken foot. Same with Harrison, Everton know he's injured, the medical isn't about whether he's injured.

Medicals are to find underlying issues that aren't known about. If Harrison's injury was what they expected to be and their prognosis was the same then he can still pass a medical. If it turned out he actually had further ligament damage and could be out for 6 months then he'd fail.

So with Zaniolo I would guess the medical will be about assessing the injuries/recoveries they know about and ensure there's nothing unexpected If there isn't, then he passes.

If medicals were failed by players having injuries then hardly anyone would pass them. Players are almost always carrying some sort of injury

yep, downing is an "easy" one, they know he's got a broken leg, they'll assess when it will heal, check for everything else and then pass him

they'll also check for underlying physical conditions like heart problems and I'm guessing check their general level of fitness

cissokho failed one at AC Milan for a dental issue, never seen what that actually was but they obviously dodged a bullet

10 hours ago, Awol said:

He's better further up the pitch and looking to take on defenders.  He can / will drop back to get the ball but to be honest I think we'll be looking at slide balls for him or Ollie to run onto and then also having the option to exploit the pace of Diaby.  With those three we will be absolutely lethal on the break - so it really plays into our style of trying to draw the opposition towards us and then exploiting the space that leaves.  But Zaniolo can also cause trouble when teams drop back - he's got the skills to either beat defenders camped on the edge of the box or to make space to lay off a pass and he's also got an absolute hammer of a left foot.  Indeed I reckon it would be an interesting experiment to see whether he can challenge Hitz for the "Das Hammer" monicker - although obviously we would need to change it to "il martello" if Zaniolo won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â