alreadyexists

I believe you will go fairly strong for the first tie in order to put the tie out of reach, bearing in mind you have Burnley this Sunday but after the home tie next week you go to Anfield on the Sunday where it will be nice to have many of your top players nicely rested for that big test. ( no disrespect to Burnley)

Talk about going from one extreme to the other next week...........one moment you're against a Scottish pub side in front of a large Villa home support and then 3 days later you are at Anfield.......say no more!🫣'

As for Neil Lennon he should stick to Irish football and of course Celtic. As for being physical he hasn't seen our general speed so we will end up chasing shadows for most of the night..........you've got to get near them first Neil!

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 4

To be honest, looking at our side and bench from the weekend. We dont really have much choice but to go strong. Unai played 2 keepers on the bench, that says to me that he doesnt really trust anyone else. If you didnt make the squad at the weekend, id be shocked to see you involved on Wednesday.

A couple of small tweaks for me. Bring in Carlos, Tieleman's, Olsen, and Duran/Archer.

We should play a strong team but rest a few players. We have Burnley on Sunday which I think is important we win because we go to Anfield after that. I'd probably go:

Martinez

Chambers Carlos Torres Digne

Tielemans Kamara

Traore McGinn Zaniolo

Watkins

Not sure if Zaniolo is fit enough to start but let's see. If the game isn't going to plan after 60 minutes then we have Diaby, Bailey and Luiz to bring on.

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

To be honest, looking at our side and bench from the weekend. We dont really have much choice but to go strong. Unai played 2 keepers on the bench, that says to me that he doesnt really trust anyone else. If you didnt make the squad at the weekend, id be shocked to see you involved on Wednesday.

A couple of small tweaks for me. Bring in Carlos, Tieleman's, Olsen, and Duran/Archer.

No chance in hell id play olsen

Total banana skin this fixture; of course Villa should win but you never know.

Hibs will be well up for it and try to make it difficult; I'm certain Emery won't be messing about and will go close to full strength for this.

Zaniolo from the bench if he's fit.

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We could win this game with the 2nd team. Madness to expect no rotation with 4 games in 2 weeks and stellar luck with injuries. 

We could win but we could also lose. Yeah let’s go risk it and waste all the efforts at the end of last season all Scottish teams are sh*t anyway.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

We could win this game with the 2nd team. Madness to expect no rotation with 4 games in 2 weeks and stellar luck with injuries. 

No chance.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

should absolutely be the strongest team until the group stage , last seasons work could be thrown away if we dont get into the group

I believe it's called 'doing an O'Neill'.