alreadyexists

We need to go strong in these games. One of my biggest issues with MON was when he sent the team with no senior strikers to play even on the bench. In the hunt for champions league we blew a whole season of Europa after having fought so hard.

in European competitions for the first time in so long- make it count.

I’d go pretty much full strength for this and get a positive result at their place. This is their cup final already and their biggest match in years.

Martinez; Cash, Carlos, Pau, Digne; Tielemens, Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Bailey; Diaby, Watkins.

Youri and Diego in for Kamara and Konsa after back to back 90 mins for the latter two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

We can't play our best XI twice a week all season. It's just not feasible. I'd make wholesale changes but I think emery will only make four or five changes from today's team. At the most. 

Of course we can't each game but i havent alluded to that. Im suggested we go strong 1st leg to ensure we get to group stages. If we get a healthy lead which i think will be unlikley as hibs are no mugs then we can maybe make some changes. It would be a **** disaster if we didnt even get through to group stages as we put so much in last season.

Then group stages we can potentially looking at utilising the squad and mixing it up

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

For me;

Olsen

Cash Carlos Torres Digne(?)

Tielmanns Luiz McGinn

Traore Zaniolo

Duran

Yep, this team should easily be strong enough to beat Hibs. And if they don’t, then we have a second chance at VP.

I'd start Martinez, not risking Olsen here. If we do a job, he can play the second leg. Imagine if he Enckleman'd the first leg?

I'd start Tielemans definitely. And maybe Carlos and Chambers too. Other than that, no changes. Put the hard yards in and then make subs if we get off to a good start. Hibs will be well up for this and it won't be easy. If we start aggressively and score early it will help take the sting out of the game. An ideal world we can then make lots of subs after an hour. 

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Damn! I only bloody cancelled my Arena Sport1 subscription last week.

Let’s hope there’s a babbling brook showing it somewhere. 

Not too late to fly out to Shanghai and catch the game. The locals will be going wild for it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not too late to fly out to Shanghai and catch the game. The locals will be going wild for it.

I was just contemplating driving to Edinburgh to look for a suitable tree to climb. Assuming that SPL grounds are basically League Two standard. 

• Haha 2

We can arse about with the squad in the second leg of we have a healthy lead. But let's enjoy our first game back in Europe away from home by playing as many of the squad who got us into Europe for the first time in years. Those guys earned the right to play in Europe by dragging us into 7th place against all odds 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I was just contemplating driving to Edinburgh to look for a suitable tree to climb. Assuming that SPL grounds are basically League Two standard. 

No trees tall enough to look in......................perhaps get friendly with a flat owner behind the corner of the East and South stands. 😄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Give Duran a start, he made some really good runs and is powerful, I think Ollie could do with a rest too

The time will come when he needs a rest, sure. I’m just 100% that’s after only two games of the season 🤣

Aye that's Salisbury crags beneath Arthurs Seat. Slightly better view is from Carlton Hill at the bottom of Prince's Street .

Not sure how much of the pitch you can see but you'll have a perfect view of our singing section in the Famous Five Stand. Villa fans will be in the stand with its back to you.

Don't believe it won't be busy as with the fringe still on the whole place is manic. 😪

Fortunately for the Villa fans they will be as far away as possible from the two drums the singing section use.🤣

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xann said:

STORRIES_DSCF3466_2000px_299006722e285f47655d17d1c9136337.thumb.jpg.c30b3c8ab48e0f4c26bee3eb212687fe.jpg

Storries, 279 Leith Walk - It's all about the pies and historically it's proper cheap.

Los Cardos, 280 Leith Walk - It's all about finding out your bank details before making you really poor. 😂 

39 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

17.45 on a Wednesday evening? Seems like a strange time?

Can't play Thursday because Hearts and Hibs aren't able to play at the same time as they don't always get on very well.

Can't play later on Wednesday as no global events are allowed to overlap with the Champions League ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1