alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can't play Thursday because Hearts and Hibs aren't able to play at the same time as they don't always get on very well.

Can't play later on Wednesday as no global events are allowed to overlap with the Champions League ever.

More to do with the amount of policing required with both Greek and Villa fans in town along with Hibs and Hearts ........plus add the fringe idiots in and they are stretched. 

Hibs and Hearts both played at home yesterday at the same time with no trouble to speak of. 😉

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Will the fringe being on mean it's about £500 for a hotel room?

Premier Inn in Newhaven ( north east edinburgh) is under £200 for the Wednesday night at present. Can then get either the number 11 bus or  the tram to the game..........take about 30- 40 minutes including the walk to the ground.  ( I'll be on the bus 👍)

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, John said:

I see that the Hibs official site has confirmed that Des Bremner is to be their special guest for the game and that Des will will deliver the match ball ahead of kick-off. That's a very nice touch. :cheers:

Ah that’s brilliant. Lovely touch, he’ll get a hell of a welcome from both sets of fans.

• Like 2

I don’t want this to sound like a negative comment but I really hope we play Emi in goal for this one. I don’t think Olsen is as bad as most make out but we need a steady pair of hands and a commanding lead from the first leg. 

Will be great to see SJM lead the team out at his old home. A proper triumphant return for him! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah I did notice that. However, whilst checking the ground out on Google Maps I did find this view, looks like it won’t get too busy up there, free to get in and you can drink whilst watching the game! Might need some new binoculars though :)

IMG_8278.jpeg

Not your seat though, it's Arthur's

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Emi

Chambers Carlos Torres Revan {assuming Digne is going and Moreno still out}

Traore Tielemans Kamara McGinn

Duran   Watkins

Rests a few key players but definitely enough to come back with a result

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Emi

Chambers Carlos Torres Revan {assuming Digne is going and Moreno still out}

Traore Tielemans Kamara McGinn

Duran   Watkins

Rests a few key players but definitely enough to come back with a result

They have played two league games why do they need a rest now? Pointless, get into the competition proper then rotate where necessary why play a team that has never been on the pitch together before it makes no sense.

• Like 3

Spanish ref for the game: Ricardo De Burgos. Has done Barcelona vs Real Madrid a couple of times but it perhaps more well known here for sending off Vinicius Junior in the away game at Valencia last season, shortly after Vinicius Junior complained of getting racist abuse from the Valencia fans.

• Shocked 2