alreadyexists

As an Aussie I have seen quite a bit of Martin Boyle. He's got some pace and industry about him and can hurt you if he gets in behind the defence.

We should be going into this at close to full strength. We can tinker with the lineup in the group stage games but at this stage we have to get the job done.

We have to go relatively strong and ensure a positive performance and result, take no risks.

Happy for Tielemans to play and Diego to partner up with Pau…

LB is a curious case with uncertainty over Digne’s future…

We have to set ourselves up well for that 2nd leg and ensure we qualify.

We can “rest players” after this and ahead of the bigger/harder PL games… 

Such an important game.

Complacency has killed us in the past, on more than one occasion, we simply cannot afford it today,

Edited by Jas10

17 minutes ago, Ponky said:

As an Aussie I have seen quite a bit of Martin Boyle. He's got some pace and industry about him and can hurt you if he gets in behind the defence.

We should be going into this at close to full strength. We can tinker with the lineup in the group stage games but at this stage we have to get the job done.

Unfortunately not quite back to full pace after his latest ACL op and recovery. Unlikely to last 90 minutes.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Please play Emi Please play Emi Please play Emi Please play Emi Please play Emi Please play Emi Please play Emi Please play Emi Please play Emi 🙏

I know folks want us to play a weakened team for this fixture but surely including Buendia who is still in rehab for his ACL injury is taking the piss 

1 minute ago, withes_shin said:

I know folks want us to play a weakened team for this fixture but surely including Buendia who is still in rehab for his ACL injury is taking the piss 

Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen Don’t play Olsen 🙏

Olsen is one of the changes I would consider making, him being in goal isn't going to be the difference between winning and losing, so might as well give Martinez a rest and not risk catastrophic to him, the player we can least afford to get injured over a lengthy period, Also would be a good chance to get Olsen's confidence up just in case we do need him in more difficult games to come.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Olsen is one of the changes I would consider making, him being in goal isn't going to be the difference between winning and losing, so might as well give Martinez a rest and not risk catastrophic to him, the player we can least afford to get injured over a lengthy period, Also would be a good chance to get Olsen's confidence up just in case we do need him in more difficult games to come.

yes i agree.  Even though Emi will want to play every game, especially European games.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, euro_kings_82 said:

Also would like to see Archer get a good outing. If score permits. Put him on for second half run out. 

Depends. If Archer is leaving Villa in the next few days, then rather have Duran as our main striker. Either way, i wouldn't start with Watkins. 

9 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't really pay much attention to Scottish Football. 

Anyone who does, how good are Hibernian? I mean, what kind of standard in England would they be, lower Prem, upper Championship? 

Mid to low Champ based on their players but anything could happen.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Depends. If Archer is leaving Villa in the next few days, then rather have Duran as our main striker. Either way, i wouldn't start with Watkins. 

Hasn't scored yet this season, didn't have a great pre-season either, any game that could potentially get him off the mark is good with me. I'd be starting him. Can then hopefully rest him for the second leg.