Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We never had an Unai Emery before

I know...  It's like having a history of dating batshit crazy exes and when you finally manage to start dating someone stable and emotionally intelligent, you keep thinking it's only a matter of time before everything falls apart again.  Just need more time to pass before you can completely shake that feeling.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, KMitch said:

I know...  It's like having a history of dating batshit crazy exes and when you finally manage to start dating someone stable and emotionally intelligent, you keep thinking it's only a matter of time before everything falls apart again.  Just need more time to pass before you can completely shake that feeling.  

Yea i hear you. Thats just part of our DNA as Villa fans. That will slowly get ironed out with the structure we have in place now I think. A lot of the right people in the right places. These owners have been bloody incredible from day dot

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I think this will be one to break our transfer record. It is getting close to being proper ‘pinch me’ stuff now with our transfers. We’ve got our big boy pants on for sure!

The offer is around 35m euros so not sure if it will .

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

The offer is around 35m euros so not sure if it will .

Romano says £30m plus add-ons, which has been rejected.

Let’s say we go up to £33m and if add-ons are £5m, then isn’t that our record transfer fee?

I’m another that’s never seen him play and while I get the comparisons with Bailey, I think it’s best to realise that Diaby isn’t Bailey, and is in fact a completely different human being so should be judged accordingly. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I mean he plays the same position, has the same build/attributes, and also had 1 huge breakout season for the same club as Bailey.  It's hard to not make the comparison.  

I mean 3 very productive seasons with the same club and he averages like 8.6 goals and 11 assists a year. 

All competitions he averages 0.7 goal contributions per 90 over 3 seasons that's terrific production. 

And once again ignores the fact that Bailey has been dealing with persistent hamstring injuries since arriving here which has meant his most dangerous attribute his pace is often out of reach and the last tool in his kit that he reaches for. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Take this piss as people may... But " Agent Villa " perhaps got this info correct.

Getting the info correct doesn't necessarily mean having inside knowledge, unless it were something like that kid who was mates with Dean Smith's son and predicts 5 random Suso signings from Belgium and Turkey etc.

18 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Which is why I'm scared...  Whenever we seem to have a great window we never seem to meet expectations afterward.  

To be honest nothing to compare with, I had my doubts the summer Grealish went, as DS didn’t have a clue without him, even when we were in the Championship. Then getting Ings meant we’d play him and Watkins which won’t work. 
Then we go to last summer, we had it right with Kamara and Carlos, but Coutinho was always a big doubt for me (atleast for the fact that he earns a lot and can’t offload him). Then again Gerrard.

This time we have a good team, no standout player, our best players missed games yet we were consistent. Added to the fact that we have a manager who knows whats he’s doing. If you need something to make you calm, look at last winter, he didn’t panic once he didn’t get his target. He just used what he had as Europe itself was a gamble. He kept the business for the summer. Again so far he upgraded in areas which we’re good at, which is keeping some movements in areas which we’re weak at. 

Get Diaby and Joao, then I think we have the right to fully go for top 6 and even top 4. 

Â