Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

I think we need the converted Bailey haters to slide over here and start slandering Moussa. We get that negative energy flowing and by this time next year he will be world clas. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I think we need the converted Bailey haters to slide over here and start slandering Moussa. We get that negative energy flowing and by this time next year he will be world clas. 

I don't have the heart. I honestly thought we had a world class footballer on our hands

• Haha 4

Only got to see the first thalf, but he looked truly bad, and I'm one of his biggest defenders.

I think he may be putting too much pressure on himself. His mate Leon has set the standard stupid high this season as well.

When he first came, the one thing he could do really well was finish!

Today I saw him do things which made him almost look a pub player.

Needs to get out of his head and start enjoying himself again

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't have the heart. I honestly thought we had a world class footballer on our hands

If ever a comment was right on point.

I mean, that run to the by - line and the inept cross straight into the goalies hands, 50 million for that, dear, dear me!

• Like 1

So disappointing watch him play at the moment. Looks devoid of confidence, Strength and other than the cross to Digne last week has literally produced nothing in 2-3 months.

I'm beginning to wonder if he lacks the physicality for the Premier League. You can't wait and expect things to happen. Bailey was never this poor, he was mainly injured in his time under Smith and Gerrard. I don't think Diaby has the guile that Bailey possesses. 

It reminds me somewhat of the contrast between two former Villa players, Mark Walters and Tony Daley. Walters was the skilful one and Daley was jet - heeled, but unlike Diaby, he could score a goal or two. Yes, that was a great assist against Luton, but he should be producing those consistently for the money we paid.

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

and other than the cross to Digne last week has literally produced nothing in 2-3 months.

Only vital 3pts match winning cross

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only vital 3pts match winning cross

Without doubt but considering his early season form he needs to get himself together, because atm he's becoming very passive in the games he starts. 

We don’t play to his style, unlike Bailey - beginning of the season when he looked good, we broke quickly and into space, now teams sit back so there is no space to run into or onto the ball.  Play him up with olly in a game that is a little more open and we will see results, unfortunately a victim or our success (in the way 80% of teams set up against us).  I still think he has more to offer and will come good agai

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

He could have done better in some moments, but today we didn't play in a way to best suit the attackers, I think we were purposely playing more long balls, in part perhaps to help conserve energy for Tottenham Hotspur, as that will use up less than the way we normally play.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if this thread can go 5 posts without someone alluding to the fact that Bailey was poor in his first season then came good. I bet it cant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I wonder if this thread can go 5 posts without someone alluding to the fact that Bailey was poor in his first season then came good. I bet it cant.

Bailey was poor for more than one season.

(He came good though. Maybe Diaby can too?)

10 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

I didn't think he was too bad in truth. The forwards had next to nothing to work with all night.

His touch was a little off but Ajax were defending very well all night, doubling and tripling up on our wide threats. It was not easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

His touch was a little off but Ajax were defending very well all night, doubling and tripling up on our wide threats. It was not easy. 

True it wasn’t an easy night at all Ajax were good. His work rate was good and he showed for the ball didn’t lose possession, tracked back and defended well. 

Â