Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ingers said:

53Rx6pr.png

Great Thanks!!

So all in the right place now - sorry everyone - I'll raise my game to Unai levels moving forward....

These designs are somewhat original, but in large part draw basis and inspiration, with some tweaks (some almost copies - so acknowledgements to you all), from many posters on here, 1957 badge, previous badges, tradition, and looking at the array of modern designs across the top leagues in europe.  I feel it has to predominantly Claret and Blue (not yellow and blue) so it works on the shirt and in media as a representation of us. Current lion is far better than the blobby lion from learner (in my opinion), but back facing left and not falling over.  Star is gone - its small time - if we hope to be in the UCL in the next season(s), take it off now! Most work well on claret or white (away kit should always be white) with maybe a font colour change on some.  Apart from one these, the AV diamond with gold lion (I think by teale's tash) would be my vote rather than the drop shadow abomination..

I like bottom right. Slightly crazy to have no writing, but it's just so clean and unfussy, and my preferred colours 

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ingers said:

53Rx6pr.png

Great Thanks!!

So all in the right place now - sorry everyone - I'll raise my game to Unai levels moving forward....

These designs are somewhat original, but in large part draw basis and inspiration, with some tweaks (some almost copies - so acknowledgements to you all), from many posters on here, 1957 badge, previous badges, tradition, and looking at the array of modern designs across the top leagues in europe.  I feel it has to predominantly Claret and Blue (not yellow and blue) so it works on the shirt and in media as a representation of us. Current lion is far better than the blobby lion from learner (in my opinion), but back facing left and not falling over.  Star is gone - its small time - if we hope to be in the UCL in the next season(s), take it off now! Most work well on claret or white (away kit should always be white) with maybe a font colour change on some.  Apart from one these, the AV diamond with gold lion (I think by teale's tash) would be my vote rather than the drop shadow abomination..

Crazy how most of these designs are far better than anything we've had over the years. All these potential directions and somehow they still mess it up every time!

I love the golden lion in particular breaking out of the badge. Goes against most design norms but it's a lion rampant.

• Like 2

I'm not sure who made these but they're still my favourite fan designed badge.

...Image wont upload and cant be arsed accepting another warning.

Edited by TreeVillan

7 hours ago, Ingers said:

53Rx6pr.png

Great Thanks!!

The one thing that this round badge does well is that the lion is clean af. I don't understand why they threw the baby out with the bath water so to speak you put the new lion in claret on hecks badge and whilst the balance is still of I bet it looks about 10 times better than it does now.

• Like 1

Unai has let them get away with murder on this.

Approaching 20 years with that blue muck as our badge. All versions are so so shit.

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I said similar a couple of weeks ago.

Surely they could have delivered a shield but with the good elements from the round badge:

Like this you mean?

newbadge2.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Wouldn’t we have to start blowing bubbles if that was our badge?

Nah our lion will maul any number of hammer-yielding cockneys

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Claret lion, claret lettering, blue background and that would be it.

We could have just made the existing badge better by just removing AVFC with Aston Villa. 
IMG_1267.thumb.jpeg.8a56aa89ee147cbdc6b243767e31c5b2.jpeg

IMG_1264.thumb.jpeg.ffa87757d0e3434085e012dca2e9313d.jpeg

Or bring something like above into play.  

• Like 1

I’m resigning myself to the shit show Heck badge, the accident by the Betano press release irrationally killed my hope that they can’t be that stupid thinking this modified Heck badge is the way forward.  Go with a shield, fine… change the lion back, fine…but get something decent.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

We could have just made the existing badge better by just removing AVFC with Aston Villa. 
IMG_1267.thumb.jpeg.8a56aa89ee147cbdc6b243767e31c5b2.jpeg

This tiny change makes that badge so much better :D

If you replaced the AVFC with the Aston Villa from the new badge and kept it at the top then that would be fine. And it would achieve exactly what Heck (or whoever) is trying to achieve (I assume) with the new badge: at a glance recognition of the current Villa brand/badge, but with the full name of the club represented and the lion standing out more

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m resigning myself to the shit show Heck badge, the accident by the Betano press release irrationally killed my hope that they can’t be that stupid thinking this modified Heck badge is the way forward.  Go with a shield, fine… change the lion back, fine…but get something decent.

Careful. Folks will get very offended if you criticise our Chris!

• Like 1

I like the 90's badge with the Claret 'n' blue strips in the background and then what it changed to. These were good at the time and was a good upgrade IMO

I'd like to see the return of the stripes

png-transparent-aston-villa-fc-hd-logo.png

Aston-Villa-Logo-1990-2007.png

• Like 1

Â