Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Codswallop.

Every single year, fans knock up kits 20x better than what we end up with.

On the last few pages people have come up with 20+ better badges than we've had for the last 17 years.

Good point to a degree in fairness.

52 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The round badge looks good. 

The lion looks great. 

The issue is it looks to similar to Chelsea. It's not really a fault of the design company. The other option they provided was also good. 

Agree.  Not blaming Dragon Rouge. The opposite.

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We're also better at managing, coaching, set pieces, throw ins and keeping.... if you read the match threads. 

Also a good point 😂

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This current way, is the original way for the lion to face if you go back to our original lion (1886…) 

Ok, the way we’ve used for the longest then 😆🙏

• Thanks 1

Heck talked about launching "the next generation of our brand" over the coming weeks at his sports conference. Will be interesting to see what that entails. The new badge and the AV150 marquee are the only glimpses we've seen so far and both of those have had quite the negative reception on here and social media. Hopefully the rest is... better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Heck talked about launching "the next generation of our brand" over the coming weeks at his sports conference. Will be interesting to see what that entails. The new badge and the AV150 marquee are the only glimpses we've seen so far and both of those have had quite the negative reception on here and social media. Hopefully the rest is... better.

Presuming the leaked logo is our new crest, I doubt there will be any adjacent brand development (e.g. typography, backgrounds, color palettes, secondary logos, etc.) as those would require the assistance of an agency and almost certainly the leaked logo was done in house. 

8 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

as those would require the assistance of an agency and almost certainly the leaked logo was done in house. 

ONE talented designer/artist could probably do all of that, I'm not sure why that would necessarily " require an agency ".

I'm pretty confident the roll out will be a branding kit and elements. I highly doubt they are just going to splodge a crest and say that's it 

I do also think they will have consulted some sort of agency, even if it turns out to be shite. ( Could be wrong obs )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

ONE talented designer/artist could probably do all of that, I'm not sure why that would necessarily " require an agency ".

I'm pretty confident the roll out will be a branding kit and elements. I highly doubt they are just going to splodge a crest and say that's it 

I do also think they will have consulted some sort of agency, even if it turns out to be shite. ( Could be wrong obs )

Sure, one person can do some designs. But agencies provide a bit more than that; from providing market research to small things such as "why should this branding be within this place and not a different place". Then you have the online marketing etc. It's a full professional job.

It's like saying "one person can organise a wedding". Sure. But you need a priest, bartenders, chefs, people who blow up balloons. It's a big event, just like setting out a professional branding campaign. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wishywashy said:

And the weirdest thing about what he's done is that the leaked badge and the AU500 have absolutely fk all in common.  They're totally alien to each other. On brand? My arse.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Nice that you narrowed it down to 5… and to one lion too. You getting closer to your ideal one. 

There was never a question re the Lion from me - this current one all the way, I was just comparing designs side by side to highlight (my perceived) problems with the old blob - especially when badge is smaller.

I will admit to warming to a golden lion whilst doing them, (hence two in my final 5)  - but only if there is significant Claret n Blue to ensure the gold is an addition, not a focus (in the last design the lion has been reduced compared to claret component)

I would be happy to buy merchandise with any of these designs (even if they weren't mine!) or Tash's AV Diamond - but I'm very unlikely to buy anything with the leaked horror show drop shadow on it......

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It's like saying "one person can organise a wedding". Sure. But you need a priest, bartenders, chefs, people who blow up balloons. It's a big event, just like setting out a professional branding campaign. 

Or we are getting the ‘City Hall/Gretna Green’ version.

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

And the weirdest thing about what he's done is that the leaked badge and the AU500 have absolutely fk all in common.  They're totally alien to each other. On brand? My arse.

No, they are both totally on brand - absolute shite.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been saying this about our kits and branding for years and years.

Too many restrictions, most of which are clutching to the past.

We play in claret and blue. We were the first team to play in claret and blue. Claret body and blue sleeves.

Every now and then we vary it: 87-88, 93-95, 99-00, 18-19.

Our crest has been a lion rampant, we had huge Scottish influence on our founding,  and we play in claret and blue.

Why should we rip up probably the elements key to our identity? We are the team that plays in claret and blue. That isn't clutching to the past, it is having some integrity about what we are and so diluting it that we could be any old club.

Do other big clubs do this? Liverpool,  Man U, Arsenal, etc?

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The round badge looks good. 

The lion looks great. 

The issue is it looks to similar to Chelsea. It's not really a fault of the design company. The other option they provided was also good. 

I would go further and say that the other option was better by half. It's what I voted for and I would do again if given a choice between all the various possible badges.

But the most vocal and proactive elements of our fanbase get swept up time and again in nostalgia and that's what happened again in this case, to our detriment.

Â