Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

20 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I understand that @Teale's 'tache, as in a lion outside the crestvor whatever as a stand-alone. Just seems odd to have the drop shadow yellow lion for example and a really detailed lion that is a different colour.

Think of it like this, the detailed crest, most likely will be used on something physical, like the side of a building, or a rubber badge on a kit like we've had before, and like in the render we've all seen, anywhere the badge or lion is big enough for the details to be seen.

The drop shadow version will be used in all the other places where we want the crest to be full colour, but it's too small to see the detailing, online/digital mainly, and then the monotone no shadow version will be used in various other places where needed.

They are all the same crest, all part of the same brand, but each use case decides which one will be used.

There will be a brand guidelines document that sets out which one to use and where. I have to follow these kinds of documents in my job quite often and they can be very specific, including the amount of white space that must sit around wherever you use the logo etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I believe this will be our first match vs a Mexican side, no?  Did they publish this thinking Club America is in MLS?

I believe we are playing them in Chicago, the flags represent the different countries we are playing in rather than the teams we are playing.

As the article on the website states

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/25/villa-confirm-summer-pre-season-schedule/

Based in Washington for the first part of the tour in the USA, Unai Emery’s men will round off the visit with three days in Chicago and a match against Liga MX Champions Club América, facing the Mexican giants at the Windy City’s Soldier Field on Saturday, August 3 (4.30pm KO local time).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingers said:

Hi all, 
My first post here  - this badge debacle has made me sign up, rather than just reading all 237 pages of your views!  I like many of you am horrified by the leaked design, which following the new sponsor's press release seems to be the one we are going with.  Whilst on pitch and in the financials we are going very well, the brand and customer service is awful.  This 'on brand' thing is amateur - the 150 'mark' doesn't even have any integrity with fonts, or even colours of the new badge - one gold, one yellow, different clarets etc!  Mr Heck is obviously skilled in getting commercial partners, but his design and branding needs work.  The PSG badge has had significant positive feedback and plaudits in design circles - the same agency who did our round badge  - why not reengage them?
Anyway, I was so annoyed, I spent a few hours learning illustrator and using my GCSE Art and Design, from way back (1990) and knocked up a 'few' more designs - but as a newbie Luddite I am having trouble uploading them.....

Welcome, and please do share the designs.

There is a small file size limit to upload images directly, so it's best to use a free image hosting site like imgBB:

Upload and share your images.

Drag and drop anywhere you want and start uploading your images now. 32 MB limit. Direct image links, BBCode and HTML thumbnails.

and then paste the direct URL of the image here. If you do that correctly, the linked image will embed here automatically, but if you (accidentally) try to paste the image itself rather than the URL then it will (try to) upload again and you'll probably be over the limit.

Thanks Fightoffyour!

https://imgur.com/53Rx6pr

Sorry everyone - not as smooth as the rest of you.... the insert button doesn't like my link, and I'm clearly not getting it - is it restricted for newbies?

These designs are somewhat original, but in large part draw basis and inspiration, with some tweaks (some almost copies - so acknowledgements to you all), from many posters on here, 1957 badge, previous badges, tradition, and looking at the array of modern designs across the top leagues in europe.  I feel it has to predominantly Claret and Blue (not yellow and blue) so it works on the shirt and in media as a representation of us. Current lion is far better than the blobby lion from learner (in my opinion), but back facing left and not falling over.  Star is gone - its small time - if we hope to be in the UCL in the next season(s), take it off now! Most work well on claret or white (away kit should always be white) with maybe a font colour change on some.  Apart from one these, the AV diamond with gold lion (I think by teale's tash) would be my vote rather than the drop shadow abomination..

Edited by Ingers
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ingers said:

Thanks Fightoffyour!

Sorry everyone - not as smooth as the rest of you.... the insert button doesn't like my link, and I'm clearly not getting it - is it restricted for newbies?

These designs are somewhat original, but in large part draw basis and inspiration, with some tweaks (some almost copies - so acknowledgements to you all), from many posters on here, 1957 badge, previous badges, tradition, and looking at the array of modern designs across the top leagues in europe.  I feel it has to predominantly Claret and Blue (not yellow and blue) so it works on the shirt and in media as a representation of us. Current lion is far better than the blobby lion from learner (in my opinion), but back facing left and not falling over.  Star is gone - its small time - if we hope to be in the UCL in the next season(s), take it off now! Most work well on claret or white (away kit should always be white) with maybe a font colour change on some.  Apart from one these, the AV diamond with gold lion (I think by teale's tash) would be my vote rather than the drop shadow abomination..

Glad I'm not the only who finds the process of uploading an image a bit tedious.  

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Ingers said:

Thanks Fightoffyour!

If you click on your image, then right click and "copy image address" or similar, then you'll have this URL: https://i.imgur.com/53Rx6pr.png

Pasting that here will automatically embed it like this:

53Rx6pr.png

Then it's taking the image directly from the host site and not uploading it here and using all the storage space.

Nice designs by the way! There aren't too many I get on with purely from a colour scheme perspective because, if you did read every page of this thread, you'd know that I'm a staunch supporter of claret background, blue border/highlights, gold lion and name, e.g.:

IMG-1229new-Colours.jpg

If you'd like to mock some up like that, it would be appreciated! Oh and if you want to tag someone to get their attention, type the @ symbol then their name directly afterwards and choose from the list: @Ingers

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

53Rx6pr.png

Great Thanks!!

So all in the right place now - sorry everyone - I'll raise my game to Unai levels moving forward....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If you click on your image, then right click and "copy image address" or similar, then you'll have this URL: https://i.imgur.com/53Rx6pr.png

Pasting that here will automatically embed it like this:

53Rx6pr.png

Then it's taking the image directly from the host site and not uploading it here and using all the storage space.

Nice designs by the way! There aren't too many I get on with purely from a colour scheme perspective because, if you did read every page of this thread, you'd know that I'm a staunch supporter of claret background, blue border/highlights, gold lion and name, e.g.:

IMG-1229new-Colours.jpg

If you'd like to mock some up like that, it would be appreciated! Oh and if you want to tag someone to get their attention, type the @ symbol then their name directly afterwards and choose from the list: @Ingers

@fightoffyour its been a long and spread out read!  I went for the shield as Mr Heck has clearly decided it has to be so....I like the circle (first badge I supported) but I think we need that claret n blue majority, especially when its on paper, online or the TV to fully represent Villa as the original claret n blues - at the moment we are too blue and yellow, west ham steal our thunder - hence gold/yellow only used sporadically above.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Notice how not one of these has a bright yellow lion on light blue...

There's a reason for that!.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ingers said:

53Rx6pr.png

Great Thanks!!

So all in the right place now - sorry everyone - I'll raise my game to Unai levels moving forward....

Out of all these versions. Which one would you pitch to Villa? 

I'd not pitch Row 5, Column 7, because that lion is having a wank (hence the hidden paw) and someone has walked in on him, thus holding up his other paw in a "STOP" gesture.

• Haha 4

Why is it even yellow. Why do we not use a golden tone like the gold used by @Ingers (welcome to the forum).

If we insist on keeping the old lion, and the old yellow on blue on claret combination, then just make the yellow darker. It's still wrong because we aren't blue and gold, or gold blue and claret, but it is at least visible from a distance.

But no. A drop shadow. In 2024. F@#k me

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ingers said:

53Rx6pr.png

Great Thanks!!

Not a single one of these has a MS Paint shadow on it

Ingers out

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ingers said:

Thanks Fightoffyour!

Welcome to VillaTalk!

I think some of your badges could be improved if you made the lions yellow. 

Edit: The same yellow you've already used. Some are calling it gold, but it looks yellow to me, and I'd rather it look more yellow than gold.

Edited by maqroll

Â