Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The issue is Heck seems to think the Lerner badge was that genuinely good design. So that's what he's gone back to. Sadly, the core issue is that yellow on light blue doesn't work.

I can genuinely see us having another one year badge... the gold Heck badge on the shirts for the 150th year, because they're already going to be in production,  and then something else again next year. 

The most recent version of the Lerner badge isn't that bad. 

it's not very good. But it's miles better than the original Lerner badge before the tweaks. And it's miles better than the "new" badge that's been leaked

Hopefully, fingers crossed, not wanting to jinx things or anything, but if we are in the Champions League next season can we can legitimately have a star above the badge as we are a previous winner of the competition.

If we do can the little white star be removed from the European shirt - so giving us another crest to argue over!

Is it possible to mock up a crest with the European star above @Teale's 'tache?

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

The most recent version of the Lerner badge isn't that bad. 

it's not very good. But it's miles better than the original Lerner badge before the tweaks. And it's miles better than the "new" badge that's been leaked

It is better than the original Lerner badge.  But that is the lowest of low bars.

If you don't have any contrast between the background and your core symbol, then it doesn't work. The drop shadow attempts to resolve that (so they know its a problem), but it's so amateur it makes it worse.

It's the fundamental issue we face. Yellow/gold on claret, or claret on light blue.  They're the only options. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It is better than the original Lerner badge.  But that is the lowest of low bars.

If you don't have any contrast between the background and your core symbol, then it doesn't work. The drop shadow attempts to resolve that (so they know its a problem), but it's so amateur it makes it worse.

It's the fundamental issue we face. Yellow/gold on claret, or claret on light blue.  They're the only options. 

I agree 100%

And it's no coincidence the Lerner badge looks a 100 times better when it's in all claret on the white shirts, because it stands out

re_1632835112_aston-villa-away-shirt-21-

Or on the blue shirts

d6785850-08d9-11ed-9043-51e68cfa22e2.png

Change the AVFC to Aston Villa and make it a claret lion on the blue background and it'll be much nicer than the clipart version we've got leaked

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Hopefully, fingers crossed, not wanting to jinx things or anything, but if we are in the Champions League next season can we can legitimately have a star above the badge as we are a previous winner of the competition.

If we do can the little white star be removed from the European shirt - so giving us another crest to argue over!

Is it possible to mock up a crest with the European star above @Teale's 'tache?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Late to the party as usual, but did anyone ever get to the bottom of why the lion on Emi's badge was upside down. And why no-one, even Emi, actually noticed it?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

The keepers jersey was actually Gauci's, they wanted to make him feel at home

8 Best I See What You Did There Meme picture 2021 | Memes, What do you  meme, Best funny pictures

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Late to the party as usual, but did anyone ever get to the bottom of why the lion on Emi's badge was upside down. And why no-one, even Emi, actually noticed it?

Tbf to Emi, when he looks down at it it's the right way up. Like a nurses watch. 

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Tbf to Emi, when he looks down at it it's the right way up. Like a nurses watch. 

It's so weird that only the lion was upside down. I could understand if the whole thing was flipped, but just the lion make no sense to me at all. 

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

When your badge's upside down

and it's making you frown

that's Castore.

Bravo, sir.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

It's so weird that only the lion was upside down. I could understand if the whole thing was flipped, but just the lion make no sense to me at all. 

They must be separate sections that are joined at some point in the process. Someone on the production line having a laugh

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Somebody said they wanted the lion to face the right way and Heck decided this was the cheapest way to do it...

Â