Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

10 minutes ago, Billson said:

It is centred though. As you have proven above, Aston is a longer word that Villa so therefore the space that everyone seems to feel should be in the middle, is not.

I hate this Heck badge but the text is, at least, centred. Even with this season's round badge, the space is not in the centre of the circle. 

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 14.49.57.png

You are correct, but it looks well wonky by having the text at the bottom right above the point which highlights the apparent misalignment.

It's one of two big reasons that the badge would look markedly improved if the club name was at the top, putting some distance between that and the point helps minimise attention being drawn to the horizontal alignment, and also stops the Lion's head almost touching the top like he's a tall bloke in a Victorian cottage.

An additional benefit is I think not having the 1874 and Aston Villa stacked on top of each other and puts the 1874 closer to the narrowing of the badge looks loads better.

I still wouldn't love it, and think the colour contrast (or lack thereof) remains and issue but moving Aston Villa to the top solves every other problem I have with the badge and makes it look at least acceptable to me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The new badge has disappeared 🤔

Just to clarify it is Kaizen Gaming website that is using the new crest, not the Villa website.

https://kaizengaming.com/aston-villa-and-betano-announce-principal-partnership/

Betano joins Aston Villa on path to glory with front-of-shirt sponsorship deal

Aston Villa and Kaizen Gaming, the leading global GameTech operator, are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership that will see Betano, Kaizen Gaming’s premium brand, become the Club’s new principal and front-of-shirt partner.

Chris Heck and the AVFC Official accounts have tweeted out the exact same graphic, but with the Lerner crest, which is likely correct according to our branding as it is right now.

I would guess we've sent Kaizen two graphics, one with the Lerner crest to be used now and one with the new crest to be used later, once the new crest has been launched, but Kaizen have uploaded the wrong one to their website. That is just a guess though based on the graphics looking otherwise identical.

This is the problem with keeping everything 'on brand' you have to rely on other people to do their jobs correctly. If we just had one crest this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

8 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Hate these types of posts that try to muddy the water.  

People might have had issues with the Purslow badge (lion facing right, similar to chelsea, not being bold)  but it was professionally designed.  The Heck badge is totally amateur thus the uproar. 

Or you could choose to look at the situation with a sense of humour.

17 minutes ago, Billson said:

It is centred though. As you have proven above, Aston is a longer word that Villa so therefore the space that everyone seems to feel should be in the middle, is not.

I hate this Heck badge but the text is, at least, centred. Even with this season's round badge, the space is not in the centre of the circle. 

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 14.49.57.png

This just highlights the issue with centring the name like this - it will look bad. You can mitigate it on a round badge, but in a shield with a clear point it highlights the space being off in a way that's not as clear on a ring, which looks shit.

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Or you could choose to look at the situation with a sense of humour.

Looking unprofessional is H-i-larious. 

as previous posters have mentioned about the official Villa site and the kaizen one having the different badges i've taken a screen shot and here they are.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm not sure if it's just overexposure/oversaturation of so many badges in such a short space of time, combined with the desperation to FINALLY get this sorted, but I'm completely indifferent to the "new" badge now.

I couldn't stand it previously but if this is it, so be it. I'll get over it, I guess.

25 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Hate these types of posts that try to muddy the water.  

People might have had issues with the Purslow badge (lion facing right, similar to chelsea, not being bold)  but it was professionally designed.  The Heck badge is totally amateur thus the uproar. 

Its not an uproar. Its a rightroar when fans wanted a leftroar. I just dont want a yellowroar on light blue.

16 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Looking unprofessional is H-i-larious. 

Sorry for trying to make light of something that people have gotten carried away about, I'll never do it again 🙄

Here's the thing: You're not changing the situation or making it even 0.1% better by complaining. There is a thread here with 230 pages worth of posts, months and months of people complaining, and it's been silence from the club. It's almost as if they know they're damned if they do and damned if they don't!

I don't like any of the 3 badges but what I've learned from that is that the club is not going to be able to please me while also pleasing everybody else. You might want to think about that for yourself. It's literally impossible. Someone will say in response "it doesn't need to please me it just needs to not be shit", but I'm sorry, that's just not true, this thread proves it. People (by which I mean "the majority") will not be happy with anything less than the image they have in their head of what the badge should look like. Their idea / preference is the right one.

Yes Heck's badge is crap. Yes, so are the others. Yes it's all very frustrating. But if you can't, after 230 pages and endless moaning from countless posters, throw your hands up in the air and try to have a sense of humour about things, then I feel sorry for you.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Sorry for trying to make light of something that people have gotten carried away about, I'll never do it again 🙄

Here's the thing: You're not changing the situation or making it even 0.1% better by complaining. There is a thread here with 230 pages worth of posts, months and months of people complaining, and it's been silence from the club. It's almost as if they know they're damned if they do and damned if they don't!

I don't like any of the 3 badges but what I've learned from that is that the club is not going to be able to please me while also pleasing everybody else. You might want to think about that for yourself. It's literally impossible. Someone will say in response "it doesn't need to please me it just needs to not be shit", but I'm sorry, that's just not true, this thread proves it. People (by which I mean "the majority") will not be happy with anything less than the image they have in their head of what the badge should look like. Their idea / preference is the right one.

Yes Heck's badge is crap. Yes, so are the others. Yes it's all very frustrating. But if you can't, after 230 pages and endless moaning from countless posters, throw your hands up in the air and try to have a sense of humour about things, then I feel sorry for you.

We are supporters. We don't change any situation by doing anything. Why post anything at all by that criterion?

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Does this count as a new logo? 🤣

May be an image of ‎1 person, playing American football, playing football, studded shoes and ‎text that says "‎B B B c SPORT BK8 ASTON ASTON VILLA VILA STONVILLA اك 1874‎"‎‎

Lion based on van de Ven? People won't be happy about us copying yet another London club.

640@60.jpg

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s not Heck’s badge it’s NSWE … If they were suitably blown away by the round badge do you think they’d let it be changed a year afterwards ? Why is it the Lerner badge and not Paul Faulkner’s. Yes Heck would’ve been behind it but ultimately it is Nas & Wes’s badge as it will define their ownership in terms of badges. Or is it cause a lot don’t seem to like Heck they get away from being associated with it ? 

It's obvious that they'll launch it as soon as we either win ECL or qualify for champions league because if we complain it will make the fans look like they're never satisfied. Pure gaslighting 

• Like 1

Â